Genesis Gabriel era SHM and Platinum SHM coming

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ponkine, Sep 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toilet_doctor

toilet_doctor "Rockin' chair's got me"

For some unknowing reasons Japanese name any release "reissue" even, when they do it for a fist time ever.
    Here is a sampler, they just advertized Roxy Music release (2 hours ago):

"Cardboard sleeve reissue from Roxy Music features Platinum SHM-CD format and HR cutting from the 2014 DSD master, using the UK original analog master. Comes with an obi faithfully replicating the one in the Japanese edition LP. This series features the following albums "Roxy Music," "For Your Pleasure," "Stranded," "Country Life," "Siren," "Manifesto," "Flesh And Blood," "Avalon."

So, I still keep my fingers crossed.

2. old school

old school Senior Member

I read the Genesis description it says Reissue nothing more. I wish they would be flat Transfers but why would they not disclose this?
    Well the release date is 11/26 we will know very soon what they are!

3. Endymion

Endymion Forum Resident

If they are flat transfers I will be broke by the end of the year. ​

4. Boaz

Boaz Forum Resident

CdJapan Have them "In Stock" - can anyone confirm if they are indeed "Flat Transfer" ?

5. zappaien

zappaien Forum Resident

Hello all,
    They re available on ebay From japanest seller. It s written 2014 Hr cutting froM 2008 digital remaster.
    Damnit

6. Boaz

Boaz Forum Resident

Me Sad, Wallet, Happy...

Ulli likes this.
  7. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member Thread Starter

oh no :shake:

Here's one image I found @ ebay

It says 2007 (at the right of barcode) :thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow

[​IMG]

8. dartira

dartira rise and shine like a far out superstar

Maybe it's time to start a petition or something.

sound chaser and Plan9 like this.
  9. Riccardo2

Riccardo2 Forum Resident

They are released tomorrow...

10. toilet_doctor

toilet_doctor "Rockin' chair's got me"

"You know [toilet_doctor], I don't want flat transfers. I want well-mastered discs from the original master mixes, done by a good mastering engineer."-- dartira

Get the 2007 crap on the Platinum plate, then. Are you happy now? Oh, sorry, this is not a crap...
    "But to me, crap is indifferent transfers of the old mixes." -- dartira
    So, you won. Thank you very much for saving our wallets.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  11. old school

old school Senior Member

I think you mean we all lost out to the same old S***.

12. akmonday

akmonday Forum Resident

what happened to the advertised Blu Ray of the Lamb from a year ago? That never saw the light of day. Having given up my 2008 CDs, the one thing I'm kind of missing is the slideshow.

13. moops

moops Senior Member

I don't think it was ever officially stated that these were going to be anything different than what has come before ........ The rumour mill created something out of nothing on this one.

14. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

Dartira said he wanted the original mixes, not the remixes we got. And I don't think he is responsible for this! :laugh:

dartira likes this.
  15. Lucidae

Lucidae AAD

Folks were keeping their hopes up because the reissue information had been incorrect the previous time.

16. ti-triodes

ti-triodes Senior Member

It's been known to happen around here.

17. moops

moops Senior Member

Cool, well at least your credit card goes back in it's holster. I find CD Japan's info overall pretty accurate from the stuff I've purchased over the years. Sure sometimes their info reads a little ambiguous, but they also may just be stating the pre-release info they've received from the label, which may change as well.

18. ti-triodes

ti-triodes Senior Member

I don't know why this is pissing me off more than usual. Maybe because the Yes stuff that's been coming out lately has been so fantastic. :confused:

19. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

If these were the remixes BUT with new non brickwalled masterings i'd go for them. Underneath the brickwalled master some fine mixes are hiding.

calgary669 likes this.
  20. I'm sure I read in a thread way back when the three boxsets of either SACD hybrids or DVD-A hybrids were released that the band had appointed Nick Davis as their official mastering engineer for their entire catalogue. So unless there is an announcement from the Genesis camp that they have been redone then these Japanese releases were always likley to be straight reissues of the last mastering done by Davis.

danielbravo likes this.
  21. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

Damn it! I have so many points.
    But regardless, they will sale like hot cakes...

22. dartira

dartira rise and shine like a far out superstar

That's not what I wanted, you know that. The 2007 mixes are not for me.

I won? We all lost!
    Please don't be angry with me :wave:

23. Tim1954

Tim1954 Forum Resident

Not true at all, IMO. The remixing approach is the issue much more than the mastering.

We already got vinyl reissues which seemed to just be the remixes on LP without the 3db of compression added to the SACD's. If anybody thinks just removing 3db of mastering compression will make these remixes sound "fine" then I'm afraid they are in for a rude awakening.

sound chaser likes this.
  24. moops

moops Senior Member

That would pretty much sum it up. :agree:

25. grbl

grbl Just Lurking

Yes. I remember the discussion here at the time these came out. Seems like the conclusion was that the compression was added in both the mixing and mastering phases.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.