Genesis - The Last Domino Tour

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sconcho, Oct 29, 2021.

1. Sconcho

Sconcho Forum Resident Thread Starter

Why was this thread closed to replies? There’s so much of the tour to go.
    SPOILERS Genesis - The Last Domino? Tour SPOILERS

Anthrax likes this.
  2. Rufus rag

Rufus rag Forum Resident

Did it start getting political ?

3. MichaelCPE

MichaelCPE Forum Resident

The forum has a very strict no sex, politics, or religion rule, and my guess is that the discussion at the end of the just closed thread - though mild to UK and Australian sensitivities - was going to far for our USA hosts.

If we all avoid that topic, then hopefully the discussion will be allowed to continue here.

PS - It's also against the rules to debate the policies on the forum. If you don't agree with the moderators decision, take it up with the moderators.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
    MikaelaArsenault and TonyACT like this.
  4. RaceBannon

RaceBannon Forum Resident

The problem is the drawing of such a hard line when the songs or concerts being discussed contain some what I would call PG material makes for such a blanket hammer, if that was the reason. Its not as if people were using X rated language. The Genesis "stories" between songs have always been an integral part of the concert experience. Many of Genesis' songs contain double entendre references. That's what differentiated Genesis from Yes! How do you discuss The Lamia or Counting Out Time from the Lamb album? But, so be it. We are still a puritan society at the core I guess.

Can't wait for the US tour!

5. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

For a prog band, Genesis dealt a lot with gender identity and sexuality, often rooted in classical mythology by way of British literature. I don't see anything controversial about that, and I have never heard them criticized for that.

6. RaceBannon

Except here, lol.

jestoon425 and Rufus rag like this.
  7. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

From yesterday's tour announcement email:

The acclaimed The Last Domino? Tour is coming to Europe in March 2022! Watch Tony, Phil and Mike reunite for the first time in 14 years, with Nic Collins on drums and long-time friend and guitarist Daryl Strummer, to blast through their decades of hits in true fashion of the band who has sold an estimated 100 million albums. Tickets on-sale now, purchase yours from the link below!

Daryl Strummer? :doh:

uzn007 and JulesRules like this.
  8. craigobau

craigobau Forum Resident

Without Chester and PC behind the drums, I assume our chances are pretty slim of hearing Los Endos during any of the upcoming shows?

9. Sevoflurane

Sevoflurane Forum Resident

Apparently rehearsed, but not played at the show I attended or any others so far.

craigobau likes this.
  10. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Hope they throw Abacab into the lineup for US leg. It is on the setlist shirts they are selling, so not hard to imagine.

Feel free to make room by tossing Confusion, No Son or Tonight.

uzn007, M321115, kouzie and 2 others like this.
  11. RaceBannon

Wow. Thats from an official band site?

12. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

An official communication "from Genesis and Catalogue UMC : Universal Music Operations Ltd." I got it through email.

13. rikki nadir

rikki nadir Gentleman Thug

Can I gently suggest avoiding discussing forum policy and thread closure on a thread in the Music Corner part of the board. Read the threads and other available information on forum rules and if you still have a burning question, as has already been said here 'take it up with moderators'.

Meanwhile back at the thread topic, I would relish any news on rescheduling of the tour dates and policy. I have two friends who were really disappointed not to have seen the band as they had expected earlier this month (October). Both are concerned that the rescheduling will conflict with some other already scheduled or re-scheduled event.

Does anyone know if it is possible to easily swap tickets for another rescheduled date if the new date is not convenient?

Monday 11th October 2021 > Thursday 24th March 2022
    Tuesday 12th October 2021 > Friday 25th March 2022
    Wednesday 13th October 2021 > Saturday 26th March 2022

EG, can you swap a ticket originally for October 13th to Thursday 24th March 2022? How might one go about this?

14. craigobau

craigobau Forum Resident

Usually, rescheduled multiple shows correspond to the original running order of the gigs so it might be difficult to “cross-swap”.

You could try getting a refund for the original date and buying a ticket for the night now wanted?

15. indigovic

indigovic (Taylor’s Version)

Peter Gabriel material? :D

16. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

Yeah, I would call it that too.

jestoon425 and JulesRules like this.
  17. Brother_Rael

Brother_Rael Senior Member

Still waiting to hear what they're doing with the second show in Glasgow that was postponed on the 8th October.

piston broke and rikki nadir like this.
  18. rikki nadir

rikki nadir Gentleman Thug

This is the show my other friend is concerned about, as he has already had to reschedule his job and declined a wedding invite because of previous rebookings. He says the show he bought a ticket for has been rescheduled three times and there is still no date for it. Can this possibly be correct?

Date announced in March 2020 was for December 2020, show was then cancelled
    Rescheduled April 2021, then cancelled
    Rescheduled to October 2021, then cancelled
    ? As yet unannounced

In any case, it seems this reunion has played misery with many fans' emotions and expectations. Before anyone posts 'It is not the band's fault', I am not saying it is. I am just stating a fact, having seen the effect on two of my friends.

Your favourite band announces a reunion, probably their last ever shows. You want to be there. You need to be there. You buy tickets at the first opportunity and are jubilantly happy. And then you enter a strange new world of pain and suffering.

People have lives.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
    piston broke likes this.
  19. piston broke

piston broke Forum Resident

Could be worse - a pal of mine bought tickets for Elton John five years ago and she might seem him next year.

craigobau and rikki nadir like this.
  20. Brother_Rael

Brother_Rael Senior Member

I'm not going to get into the "people have lives" thing here. The shows were put back for very good and sound reasons and all of that I supported then and do now. Members of the band had Covid last month, so I'm not going to get too uptight about another reschedule (as it happens, these are the second set of tickets I bought for this gig - I had my others refunded after the last gigs were put back, but....jumped down the rabbit hole again).

What I will say is...this is the first pandemic we've had for a century. You buy tickets for an event during a pandemic, you take the risks for what might happen during that pandemic to your event.

Lost In The Flood and Rfreeman like this.
  21. Ghost of Ziggy

Ghost of Ziggy Forum Resident

I wish I’d picked up a programme as they are now sold out on the website.

22. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

Not the first one, but the worst one in a century.

Soundman and Brother_Rael like this.
  23. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

Another show in Cologne added.

24. Rojo

Rojo Forum Resident

Actually, "Land of Confusion" re-works the guitar hook that drives "Abacab" -- it's just that they did it first and better in "Abacab"

Rfreeman likes this.
  25. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

I treat any ticket I have purchased in last 20 months as something that has about a 40% chance of happening and only make refundable travel arrangements. Any show that actually does go on is a blessing that seemed like something I would never again experience in mid 2020.