Genesis Wind and Wuthering LP pressing question??

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jvalvano, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashlee5

ashlee5 Senior Member

The one I'm looking at has the right catalog number. :)

I also found another outfit with a M- UK for $18, and I always get tempted by records advertised as being M- (and the store grades vinyl relatively well.) I may very well end up getting both after all. :D

:wave:

2. sound chaser

sound chaser Senior Member

+1.

3. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

4. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

+1 for the Japanese, although I haven't heard the German. The Japanese is so good though that I've felt little need to look for a German copy.

5. ashlee5

ashlee5 Senior Member

Jeff said (in the quoted thread) he had not listened to the Japanese vinyl, so he did not favor the German vinyl over the Japanese one. And I don't see any contribution from the doctor in the thread.

Well, maybe you are recalling comments made by those gentlemen from another thread. :)

6. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Uh, yes, this one! :) Their comments are on Page 2. Dr. M. clearly favors the German pressing, Jeff listened to samples of the Japanese, and did not indicate that he thought it was better than his preferred German pressing. Sadly, he's not allowed to participate here any more, so we can't get him to comment further.

7. Tank

Tank New Member

Another vote for the German Charisma! Amazing sounding LP! :righton:

Japanese is very nice also, and better than the UK/US versions I have heard, but the German is just right for my taste. Great bass! Nice, balanced top end!

8. ashlee5

ashlee5 Senior Member

Oops. :D I did read everything here before jumping in, but never dreamed you were referring to the comments made here in this thread. :o

Did not know that about Jeff, and I am sorry to hear that because his contributions were very valuable to me. :thumbsup:

9. ashlee5

ashlee5 Senior Member

Wow, recommendations are pouring in. :) (Nah, coming in is more like it. ;)) The Japanese one is coming my way, and I hope I would be able to find a German vinyl sooner or later. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.