George Harrison 2017 vinyl box discussion

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mrgroove01, Dec 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raq0915

raq0915 Forum Resident

LMAO

2. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

We hadn't noticed!

mrjinks likes this.
  3. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

Did he say analogue? Ok so remastered from the original analogue master tapes but not cut from, right?

4. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

These were done in 24/96 for the lp's

5. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

I thought so but I guess they used that misleading statement on sash around the box. Not surprised, no one advertises digital transfers.

6. raq0915

raq0915 Forum Resident

:/

7. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Is the consensus "ATMP" vinyl Remaster different than the 2010 vinyl Remaster/also was digital download by Giles from Analog tapes?

8. Embracetheday

Embracetheday Forum Resident

Ha! No no...the other guy.

raq0915 likes this.
  9. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Thanks for posting the unboxing video -- I hope that eased your mind in terms of the quality of the box set and its contents. It looks very well-done to me, and I can't wait to get a copy myself. If the records sound as good as they look, I think I'll be parting ways with my originals fairly quickly. Fingers crossed, as I don't like owning duplicates.

Also, you are quite young! Nice to know not everyone on this forum is a pensioner. Puts your unbridled enthusiasm into context!

raq0915 likes this.
  10. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

If I can find a better price for the individuals I may give 1 title a shot. 36 bucks from Amazon US is a bit ludicrous

11. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

You didn't order one of these?
    [​IMG]

12. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

The bellyband on the box lists the names of mastering engineers (neither of which are Ron McMaster, incidentally -- it says Paul Hicks and Gavin Lurssen) and neither are Giles Martin, so it does look to be a new remaster.

Naughty Chord likes this.
  13. raq0915

raq0915 Forum Resident

:D

14. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member

I just got back from my local and they had most of the albums out early. I bought six of them - forget Amazon - good thing I got my tax refund yesterday lol.

First off, the packaging is superb. The covers look great, a bit off on colors in spots but overall very nice. Listening to Cloud Nine as I rite. Sounds terrific!!! Super clean and silent vinyl. Pressed in Germany. This new Lp sounds better than the most recent CD - sounds damn near analog to me. A much quieter sounding mastering than the CD with nice detail. Bass even a tad recessed on certain songs but sounds really nice.

Here's a photo:[​IMG]

15. Francisx

Francisx Forum Resident

I did but my record player is located on the right hand side of my Subaru Forrester...you know being in America..

RockyRoll, chacha and longdist01 like this.
  16. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Have you had any of these on vinyl before? If so, curious if you think they compare favorably.

Kwai Chang likes this.
  17. BeatleStair

I have them all on original vinyl. So far they compare very nicely. On Gone Troppo now. This just flat out sounds GREAT!!! The vinyl on the two I've played so far are about as quiet as I've ever heard on vinyl. Gone Troppo just floats from the speakers, lovely slide and vocals. This I'm sure holds its own to the original and may even surpass it. I haven't played the vinyl for a bit but this new pressing of Gone Troppo is wonderful. Certainly more involving than the most recent CD reissue as its not as overly loud.

Kwai Chang, Naughty Chord and e.s. like this.
  18. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

Saw them in person today. They look really good! My order should be arriving within the next few days, so I won't know how they look on the inside till then. ATMP seemed to be slightly thicker than a US original. Perhaps they were trying to emulate the thicker UK box??

Kwai Chang, raq0915 and Naughty Chord like this.
  19. radiogod

radiogod Forum Resident

I agree that ATMP looks very nice. I held a copy today. Still debating if it's worth the $100CDN or if my 1983 reissue is good enough. :rolleyes:

20. BeatleStair

All Things Must Pass is the only one I didn't cancel from my Amazon order. My local wants 79.99 for it and Amazon with the deal yesterday is 56.99. It is the wider box like the original UK. All of the albums I bought have UK catalog numbers from original pressings on them as well.

Kwai Chang likes this.
  21. Embracetheday

Embracetheday Forum Resident

What was the Amazon deal?

22. BeatleStair

Someone posted earlier, yesterday, a code for 9.00 off

raq0915 and Embracetheday like this.
  23. yellowballoon

yellowballoon Senior Member

Unboxing for all to see

vinylvin and Kwai Chang like this.
  24. BeatleStair

Sampled Gone Troppo, Cloud Nine, Brainwashed and now George Harrison. My favorites so far are Gone Troppo and George Harrison. These sound like very faithful transfers to the originals to me. Not much goosing to the eq that I can hear.

e.s., Kwai Chang and Naughty Chord like this.
  25. He lost me at Coldplay..... :tiphat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.