George Harrison "All Things Must Pass" US Apple

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Paul G, Jan 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul G

Paul G Senior Member Thread Starter

Is a US Apple pressing of George Harrison's "All Things Must Pass" worth getting? How is the sound vs. a UK pressing?

2. stever

stever Senior Member

I just got a M/NM US pressing of ATMP, and it really sounds great. I think there was a bit of discussion on this several months ago -- check the archive. I do remember SH saying good things about the US pressing.

3. One of the earlier threads can be found here.
    http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12798&highlight=all+things+must+pass

The suggestions for the best vinyl include Japanese EAS series and West Germany. Also, IIRC, in yet another ATMP thread, there was discussion about of course, the original U.K. vinyl. My original Canadian Apple/Capitol pressing is OK, but nothing to write home about.

... Found the other thread, titled Japanese All Things Must Pass?
    http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/s...19740&highlight=all+things+must+pass+pressing

In this thread Larry basically sums it up in one sentence. Stay away from the U.S. (and probably Canadian) pressings. Capitol was known for noisy LPs during the early 1970s.
    :thumbsup:

Also, if you ever get a chance to hear Chris D.'s Japanese needle drop of ATMP, your ears will thank you.

4. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member

I second that! Blows away the Mickboy redo. Chris, you can sure work a laser!

5. Chris Desjardin

Chris Desjardin Senior Member

Thanks for the compliments. I actually want to redo this title, as it was one of the first ones I did when I got Cool Edit 2000. Now I use Cool Edit Pro and have been using it for a couple of years. I've learned a lot about remastering, and I think I can do even better now. One of these days I'll have some time to do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.