George Harrison - The Apple Years Box Set (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mark, Aug 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

With only 5 weeks to go, does anybody know when retailers get product details from Universal for ordering stock?

2. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

That would make the most sense. We'll soon see (hopefully).

And thanks for letting me joke about your Magic-8 ball. I was confident that you could take a light-hearted jab.

Arnie

theMess likes this.
  3. jordanlolss

jordanlolss Forum Resident

With a definite release date of 9/23, then surely we will see the announcement within the week.. it'd be crazy if they announced it with LESS than a month before it came out..

4. supermd

supermd Senior Member

All of your jabs are taken with great humor and amusement, Arnie. Fear not. This forum is a funnier place with them. :)

5. Arnold Grove

But I bet you've never seen a grown man cry before though. Which is what I'll be doing when The Apple Years has everything EXCEPT for the studio version of "Bangladesh". That's my only fear! ;) Arnie

jricc, pobbard, Maidenpriest and 3 others like this.
  6. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I think things are pointing that way, to be honest. There is still a lot we don't know about this box, though. Please, Apple, just give us the press release. Just do it.

theMess likes this.
  7. crossroads69

Just curious, but does Apple have anything to do with this release? My guess is that the Harrison estate has sole rights to his albums at this point and deals directly with Universal.

8. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

It would be Universal.
    The studio version of Bangla Desh will be getting its own box set, with everything else excluded, just to make it fair.

9. Arnold Grove

True --- But especially for the last decade or so, ever since Jeff Jones took over as the head of Apple, most solo releases are coordinated with Apple with regard to release schedule, art design (especially if they are using the matching digipak style of the Beatles CDs and Paul's archive CDs), and even content (after all, this new George set will have an unreleased "Beatles" track, sans any Beatles, in the Indian-musician backing track of an "alternative instrumental" take of "The Inner Light"). So George's estate calls the shots, but they definitely discuss these things at the various Apple meetings.

Arnie

P.S. On the last few Archive sets of Paul's CDs, Jeff Jones gets a "thank you" for his help. So they are all working together with Apple, regardless of what record label eventually releases their stuff and regardless of who owns the rights. That's why I'm hopeful that Ringo is next in line with his own Apple box set.

10. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Well, yes, but Apple is now under Universal. The name Apple was notably absent when Universal put out their first major Beatles project, the BBC remaster/new volume.

11. Arnold Grove

I meant Apple Corp (the Beatles holding company); not necessarily the record label. What I meant was that the solo Beatles all coordinate their musical activities and releases with Apple Corp so that all of them are on the same page.

Arnie

12. Arnold Grove

Also, the cover art for John's CDs in his Signature Box all match the Beatles digipak style. I forgot to mention that earlier. So only Ringo will be left to do this. Arnie

13. jordanlolss

jordanlolss Forum Resident

I'm really hoping for Ringo soon.. I love Beaucoups of Blues..
    We want Ringo! We want Ringo!

theMess and joeislive like this.
  14. crossroads69

Apple and Universal are partners. Universal acquired rights to the master tapes and distribution by purchasing EMI. Apple probably still retains full control over releases.

15. crossroads69

Ringo is so busy visiting everyone and managing release date conflicts that he hasn't had a chance to work on his own Apple box. Hopefully he'll get to it sooner than later.

theMess and She is anyway like this.
  16. Arnold Grove

It Don't Come Easy... Arnie

theMess and She is anyway like this.
  17. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

He didn't play on all of Wonderwall, did he? I haven't had that album in my collection years.

18. -With only 5 weeks to go, does anybody know when retailers get product details from Universal for ordering stock?-

No, still no information from Universal or the distributors. Give it another week, especially with E-Bay now ruling dealers can't list pre-orders outside a month before the release date, a lot of releases are being announced closer to the month to go release date.

19. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

We have marked your words but also have our torches and pitchforks ready just in case.:)

20. She is anyway

She is anyway Well-Known Member

supermd, theMess and GuyDon like this.
  21. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

Well it just got said today that Roger Waters The Wall live is opening in the theaters Sep 9, less than a month.. so Georges annoucement should be coming soon, not that The Wall and the Apple Years have sonething really in common, but Im just trying to bring good news

theMess likes this.
  22. She is anyway

She is anyway Well-Known Member

WonderWall. :hide:

vitorbastos123 and theMess like this.
  23. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

After all.

:D

mrjinks and She is anyway like this.
  24. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I never expected any less. ;)

jricc and She is anyway like this.
  25. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

Not sure what BBC releases you have, but my BBC Vol. 2 CD clearly has an Apple Label on the disc, and the printing on the disc says "Calderstone Productions Limited (a division of Universal Music Group)/Apple Corps Ltd. under exclusive license in the United States to Capitol Records, LLC 2013,"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.