George Harrison - The Apple Years Box Set (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mark, Aug 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

I just checked this book from 1977 which claim's to have used the complete shooting script, and it in fact has scenes and text not included in the film. The screen play has Paul saying king mixer.
    [​IMG]

2. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

Isn't it Friar Park? Large Gothic -style window to left. The roof is neat.

3. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest Setting the controls for the heart of the sun :)

Its 'King Mixer' !! :)

dewey02 likes this.
  4. Bubba Boy Sam

Bubba Boy Sam Forum Resident

Any indication buyers of the box will get the hi-res download, too? If not, I'm happy to just cherry pick the CD titles I want to replace my LPs.

5. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

George preferred a "Cement Mixer";

[​IMG]

;) Arnie

6. viejolitico

viejolitico Forum Resident

The script included in the old AHDN DVD also says "King Mixer".

dewey02 likes this.
  7. I think he's just referring to George's officially released studio material. That doesn't preclude other releases of out takes, etc.

PhoffiFozz and theMess like this.
  8. supermd

supermd Senior Member

This box set looks beautiful. I was always planning on getting the box, but now even more so. I also only have Cloud Nine and George Harrison from the Dark Horse Years, so I'll be getting that box as well. I actually haven't even heard 33 1/3, Gone Troppo, or Somewhere In England. :hide: I hope the Dark Horse Years box gets a new 2014 mastering as well. I love the way they have been mastering all Apple CD releases since 2009, so it would be great to have all of George's albums get that same great sonic landscape.

I know many on here think LITMW sounds great as-is, and I agree, but when I compared "Give Me Love" to Giles' mastering on Let It Roll, I found the latter to be superior, thus telling me that LITMW can have an ever better mastering. Bring on all the sweet George content! :D

theMess likes this.
  9. I don't think this is known yet, but is the sequencing for ATMP the same as the most recent remaster?

Why they didn't pair the (then) new bonus tracks with the 3rd LP of jams on CD#2 (with the entirety of LP's #1 & #2 on CD#1) is beyond me.

Carserguev likes this.
  10. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

I believe that was George's call but I agree with you. The bonus tracks should follow the Apple Jam tracks on disc two.

mrjinks likes this.
  11. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

Definitely.

mrjinks likes this.
  12. graystoke

graystoke Forum Resident

No, Chip is right. Here's the Kinfauns window in question:
    [​IMG]

13. Brother Maynard

Brother Maynard Forum Resident

Question about ATMP:
    As much as I love music, after a few days on this board (and I'm quite glad I stumbled upon it) I realize I can't really claim to be a true audiophile. I understand folks not being pleased with the track sequencing with the bonus stuff, as well as the colorization and other changes to the cover, but what is it about the sound that some of you don't like? I'll hang up and listen. Thanks.

14. jordanlolss

jordanlolss Forum Resident

I hope the reissue of the dark horse years comes in redone packaging to match the newer remasters.. Really looking forward to this

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
    supermd likes this.
  15. Did Mick and Marianne paint the whole wall, or just their names?

16. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

You and me both.

17. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

George did it..

[​IMG]

theMess, supermd and sallymae_hogsby like this.
  18. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

The story I heard is only their names. They stopped by and George and Pattie weren't home and left their calling card.

theMess and sallymae_hogsby like this.
  19. I'll have to try that, when my friends aren't home! :)

theMess and supermd like this.
  20. Millington

Millington Forum Resident

It is a nice way of saying **** stirrer.

dewey02 likes this.
  21. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

Thanks! I stand corrected. Definitely Kinfauns. Maybe the revamped Dark Horse box will be modeled on Friar Park. That would be oh-so-cool.

22. supermd

supermd Senior Member

It would be so cool if they not only redid the packaging for and remastered the Dark Horse Years box to match the new Apple Years box, but also included the iTunes-only bonus tracks for those Dark Horse Years albums.

mmars982, theMess and crossroads69 like this.
  23. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

My wish list for the new Dark Horse box includes:

- new packaging matching the Apple Years
    - new remastering matching the Apple Years
    - inclusion of Brainwashed (in place of Live in Japan to keep things studio only?)
    - inclusion of the three tracks from the Best of Dark Horse CD (Poor Little Girl, Cockamamie Business, Cheer Down)
    - inclusion of the iTunes only bonus tracks

Lets see if any of these come true on Tuesday.

mmars982, qtrules, theMess and 2 others like this.
  24. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Boy, I'll have to buy this somehow!

25. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

We really need a new thread for the re-issued Dark Horse box. Do we know for sure this is coming? If so, when? There's been no official word on this, has there? Maybe it will come with the announcement on Tuesday about the Apple Years box. I'd be surprised if both box sets arrived on the same day (Sep. 23rd?) but who knows? Maybe the Dark Horse box will be announced as 'coming soon'.

theMess likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.