George Harrison - The Apple Years box set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jordanlolss, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

Maybe or maybe not. No colored stained glass insert in the poster window.
    [​IMG]

She is anyway likes this.
  2. I hope not they are done like the Beatles remasters. Nice graphics, poor presentation.

Jewel cases are what I want and most do too. The only packaging for CDs that is durable, replaceable with standard parts, recyclable, and has common sense. These aren't LPs.

I do not like paper for sleeves- it wears out, can't be replaced, rarely makes it to the store in once piece with out creases or dents, looks crappy after a bit, not durable and can't be recycled (glossy laminated paperboard) and most importantly: SCRATCHES THE DISCS before you open them. See Beatles remasters. See Pink Floyd remasters. See most recent Warner issues. See Led Zep reissues. See Allman box sets. Stupid and a rip off to music fans.

What I want is jewel cases with a separate book and I'm willing to pay for it. No sleeves, no pockets, no digipaks, no digibooks, no overlapping discs, no non-standard sized packaging. If they want to make mini-LPs, with protective sleeves for a deluxe version, fine, but how about something practical for long term use.

People whine about "Perfect Sound Forever" here incessantly and then want packaging that doesn't even make out the factory door without scratching or deformed cardboard.

This is a once in lifetime opportunity to do it right with Harrison's material. Do a nice book with separate CDs in jewel cases.

Don't screw it up with crap packaging, compressed sound or brickwalling.

3. Blue Cactus

Blue Cactus Forum Resident

The Thirty Three and 1/3 CD you should look for is the 1991 original CD distributed by Warner Brothers not Capitol. It's got a great sound and is a real keeper.

4. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

I would like authentically done mini-LP or cardboard multi-fold digipaks with discs sleeves. The discs need to be protected! Its probably the worst place for the record labels to cut costs but yet it seems to be the norm with most reissues.

jordanlolss likes this.
  5. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

so no news on bonus tracks or unreleased material?

6. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Ahh, thanks. It looked familiar. Close but no cigar.

7. JimC

JimC Senior Member

Do you think there are any Early Takes volumes to push back? I'm pessimistic -- though I think something of the sort will be released eventually. I just thought from the time of release that it was a haphazard title and nothing else was seriously planned.

8. BadJack

BadJack doorman who always high-fives children of divorce

There is an acoustic demo from the "ATMP" era "out there". It's pretty good, too.

theMess, dewey02 and JimC like this.
  9. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

not even a press release or release date!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  10. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

Good news. I'm curious about bonus tracks and the DVD contents.

11. AudiophilePhil

AudiophilePhil Senior Member

Good news indeed! I hope they include as a bonus track, the studio version (single) of "Bangladesh" as opposed to the live version that appeared in "Concert for Bangaldesh" LP.

12. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

Looks a lot like the dark horse box which is very pleasing. I will likely pre-order this as I do not own most of these on CD with the obvious exceptions.

13. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

Man my wallet is taking a beating this year....

MattyRedSox and Jae like this.
  14. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

Maybe also this, from the Wonderwall years, with George on vocals:
    [​IMG]

15. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest Setting the controls for the heart of the sun :)

But there is only 4 extra songs as singles not on albums: Bangladesh, Miss O Dell, Deep Blue and I Don't Care Anymore ?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  16. Culpa

Culpa Forum Resident

As someone else mentioned, I think the live in '74 versions of For You Blue and Hari's On Tour would also be appropriate, they did have an official, though limited release.

She is anyway likes this.
  17. appleboy

appleboy Forum Resident

I'm picking the full 1974 Tour film will be on the DVD

supermd, She is anyway and dylankicks like this.
  18. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest Setting the controls for the heart of the sun :)

That would be amazing and because of the quality it is probably best to include it as an extra :)

dylankicks likes this.
  19. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

So this box set will be released on CD? No hi-rez?

20. dylankicks

dylankicks Forum Resident

Great news indeed, and because they are there working specifically on George's music, who knows what else could be in the pipeline. Add me to the list of folks who want more from the '74 tour than the tracks we've been hearing for years. It's been rumored for years that they have amazing pro-shot footage and basically a "film" of the tour with narration by George. THAT is what I want for the DH bonus!

21. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

new Petty album, possibly new Dylan , Mystery Girl remaster and now this- its's a Wilbury world and we just live in it!

22. botley

botley Forum Resident

Too early to say, but I suspect some kind of high resolution download package will follow this.

23. Calico

Calico Senior Member

If you add this to the "Wonderwall" album, plus the mono mixes from the UK LP (many very different sounding tracks), plus the many musical bits that are in the film but not on the album, plus the musical bits that are in the bonuses of the recent DVD, then you could have a truly superb "Complete Wonderwall" double CD.

Mr. H and She is anyway like this.
  24. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

Don't forget Jeff's back playing live in London in September.

Great news about the Apple Set! It's been a long time coming.

theMess, dylankicks and joeislive like this.
  25. TheLazenby

TheLazenby Forum Resident In Memoriam

Keep dreaming.... we're never lucky like that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.