George Michael Documentary "Freedom"

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Osato, Oct 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osato

Osato Forum Resident Thread Starter

The George Michael documentary aired today on Channel 4 in the UK, and will air stateside this Saturday, the 21st, at 9:00 Eastern and Pacific on Showtime.

For some of the British folks on here, did you see it? What did you think of it?

Klen7000 likes this.
  2. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

I've been out with the dogs, I recorded and planning to watch it on Saturday afternoon

3. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

I don’t get Showtime unfortunately. :(

4. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

It will be on dvd I want to see it.

5. George P

George P Notable Member

I saw it the other day and really enjoyed it.

I wonder why they didn't discuss Patience.

6. mcre01

mcre01 Forum Resident

7. Lorraine

Lorraine Forum Resident

George P likes this.
  8. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Finally saw it over the Christmas break, and was very disappointed. It didn't adequately cover the last 10 years of his troubled life and felt very sanitized.

Like someone said on another thread, all the celebrity guests gushing over LWP vinyl reissue felt like an infomercial.

9. Osato

Osato Forum Resident Thread Starter

I thought the most offensive part was having someone like James Corden who knew George for the production of one comedy sketch talking about how "there is something about him that is different from everyone else" and how he "he feels deeper". I mean give me a break - you knew him for what, a day?

The entire thing was a puff piece George made to promote the Listen Without Prejudice re-release. If you want to watch a good doc on George, take a look at the "A Different Story" film that was made in 2004. Andrew Ridgeley and others are in it, and while it's not the tear behind the curtain kinda documentary, it's still pretty good.

HUGEGMFAN likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.