George Michael RIP (53)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Vaughan, Dec 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff

We're getting a lot of reports that this thread is being derailed by bickering and lecturing. We don't need another "rock star's death due to lifestyle choices" thread. I think there's been enough discussion of what may or may not have shortened his life, so let's move on please.

Thanks!

2. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

I really don't care now how about George died, like Prince he died to young and it is a huge shame. It is pretty well known that George had his problems over the years but he was an extremely kind and generous human being.
    I am just pleased for his family that the the results came back as death by natural causes, at least now the tabloids will hopefully back off and they can arrange George's funeral in private.

3. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

4. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I'm listening to "Through" and really feeling sad about George.

BlueGangsta likes this.
  5. Cloudbuster

Cloudbuster Forum Resident

6. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

Oh jeebus, this hack again, diagnosing patients without an examination. :doh:

I'd give it the same consideration I'd give to a diagnosis made by Dr. Dre...

My diagnosis of Dr. Drew is that they damaged this bottom feeder's brain when they removed his prostate. :biglaugh:

7. qJulia

qJulia Forum Resident

[My father deals with bipolarity and he had a really rough time for years getting the meds right. In between, he dealt with suicidal feelings, jitteriness, sleeplessness, severe anxiety, hallucinations (Klonopin is nothing to play with) and all kinds of fun stuff. Those meds are very difficult to balance and most neuro patients need a cocktail just to move through their days.

Ed]

On this note, George's uncle (his mother's brother, he wrote a song about his uncle) and grandfather (his mom's dad) both committed suicide. There was probably depression in the family. He had struggled with the fame/celebrity and was constantly attacked by the tabloids (even after he was dead). George was open about his drug use as they helped him cope with depression that was caused by the loss of people he cared dearly about. Anyway, to me, his passing is a big loss to the world as we lost a superbly talented musician, and a generous and kind human being.

Carlox, deany76, Nostaljack and 7 others like this.
  8. qJulia

qJulia Forum Resident

9. qJulia

qJulia Forum Resident

keyXVII and JeffMo like this.
  10. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

Concert of Hope '93 backstage with her ladyship

deany76, qJulia and Dflow like this.
  11. Jason Pumphrey

Jason Pumphrey Forum Resident

Yesterday I saw a copy of Faith on cd for $5.99 at a major retailer and the hype sticker says 1998 Grammy winner, not 1988.
    Is this a common release, or possibly a rare collector's item?

Six String likes this.
  12. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Probably an ignorant mistake with no collector value whatsoever.

13. Bottom line.. Supreme talent who's life was cut far too short. The cause? Everything that goes with supreme talent.

You are one of less than the 1% who experience it. Everything that happened before the stardom, only adds to the burden of success. I respect him immensely for his natural born talent, his bravery in public scrutiny, and the loyalty of his fans.

All is fine with George.

Napagirl, qJulia and deany76 like this.
  14. qJulia

qJulia Forum Resident

15. mikaal

mikaal Sociopathic Nice Guy

What the hell is kd lang doing with that shoulder massage thing going on in front of Princess Di??

16. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

It was right before a show and she was tense?

Nostaljack likes this.
  17. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

A pretty common occurrence, stress in the presence of royalty.

Nostaljack likes this.
  18. Nostaljack

Nostaljack Resident R&B enthusiast

I saw it when it aired. El DeBarge was rough. His falsetto remains intact largely but his chest voice was not in good shape. He should have lowered the key on 'Careless Whisper". He can't do it in it's original key.

The bridge was the problem. He was fine until then.

Ed

qJulia likes this.
  19. Dhreview16

Dhreview16 Forum Resident

The "Freedom" documentary is on the UK's Channel 4 at 9 p.m. tonight, and I think the new Listen Without Prejudice vinyl, CD and DVD packages are out now too, reasonably priced.

GeoffC likes this.
  20. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Followed by Live In London (Earls Court 2008)

Dhreview16 likes this.
  21. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

I shall be watching.

Dhreview16 likes this.
  22. Beaneydave

Beaneydave Forum Resident

Out this Friday in Uk I understand

peace and loveāœŒDave

Dhreview16 likes this.
  23. GeoffC

GeoffC Forum Resident

Half way through the documentary and it's been excellent so far, and they are using a turntable with special pressings for Stevie Wonder, Elton John etc to discuss the songs!

FACE OF BOE, bleachershane and willy like this.
  24. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

Watching here with my wife. As good a documentary about the circumstances of releasing an album (LWP) as it is about George himself. Very touching and the archive footage is fabulous.

GeoffC and willy like this.
  25. willy

willy hooga hagga hooga

I'm particularly enjoying the comments by Liam Gallagher... :righton: and the one about 'Praying For Time' being cut from the same cloth as Imagine.... :agree:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.