Ghost B.C recording their third studio album. Their latest single Cirice can be downloaded for free

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by xcqn, Jun 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xcqn

xcqn Audiophile Thread Starter

Download their latest single Cerice from the upcoming album Meliora at http://ghost-official.com/

Tell me what you think, personally i really like this one. They are obviously going for a heavier sound on this album and i think that's great. Always felt the guitars were to low in the mix on Infestissumam.

It's doomy and beuitifuly weird at the same time. If the whole album is as good as this song it would really be something to look forward too :cool:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  2. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

I actually started a thread on this a few days ago, and it really didn't get that many hits LOL. I guess there are not that many Ghost fans around these parts.

I love the new single, in fact I checked out some YouTube clips from the warm up show they did the other night. The new stuff sounds great, and hopefully they will stop in Montreal on their next tour.

I saw them live on the last tour and it was a great show. The material works so well live. Can't wait for the preorder bundle offers to make their way to my email.

Thank you very much for the link, just downloaded.

3. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

Thanks...sounds awesome!

4. xcqn

You did? Completly missed out on that. Glad you like the single.

Vinyl Fan 1973 likes this.
  5. xcqn

The album cover.
    [​IMG]

6. Vinyl Fan 1973

Great cover isn't it? Love the imagery and it reminds me of Maidens SIT album cover. I'll really need to get this on vinyl when it comes out.

7. xcqn

They always have the most amazing album covers! :D

I managed to get myself not one but two first-pressings of Infestissumam when it was released Unfortunatly no first-pressing for their first album :mad:

8. Vinyl Fan 1973

Agreed, as well as Tshirt designs and 10" single covers, so so cool. They are my favourite new band.

9. xcqn

If you are a collector you gotta love the different color for different presses concept :D

Was a while ago that i actually listened to Infestisumam but i remember it sounded a lot better on vinyl than cd.

10. raginghessian

raginghessian Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that this song will grow on me, the same way "Secular Haze" did. I just thought it was an odd song especially for the lead single but now it is one of my favorite songs from Infestisumam.

Ghost is my favorite band by a long shot to come out of the last 10 years. I happened upon the original press release from Rise Above Records right as Opus Eponymous came out that read - "Ghost is the name of a devil worshiping ministry that - in order to spread their unholy gospels and, furthermore, trick mankind into believing that the end is ultimately a good thing, have decided to use the ever so popular rock music medium as a way to achieve their ends." the I heard a clip of "Ritual" ……I was just absolutely hooked and it's still one of my favorite songs period, everything I have ever loved about rock/metal and pop music encapsulated into four perfect minutes.

The collector in me also loves them though I won't be shelling out for an original "Elizabeth" 7" anytime soon. I had just missed that one before it sold out.

I have also totally appreciated Ghost's choice of cover songs. The mournful version of "Here Comes The Sun" is great but I was ****ing blown away by the ABBA cover. …..now I'm waiting for them to do Cher's "Dark Lady" or "Magic" by Pilot…..LOL!

11. xcqn

I have a feeling their upcoming album is going to be more like the first one!

12. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

[​IMG]

13. Vinyl Fan 1973

Great reference, so true!

Synthfreek likes this.
  14. Vinyl Fan 1973

I agree, my vinyl copy sounds a lot better than the CD, but the CD contains the cool bonus tracks. Also, the EP If You Have Ghosts sounds awesome on vinyl.

15. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

For me, Ghost are a throwback, and I mean that in a good way. It is refreshing to see a band strive to take over the world. I miss that in a band. Ghost get two thumbs up, great new single and the new video for Circle is great. Can't remember the last time I thought a video was cool.

16. xcqn

Just saw the video. Wow! :D

17. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

I like Ghost quite a bit. It's become sort of trendy to hate Ghost in the stoner/doom underground if you paw around those websites. It's true that they're music isn't anywhere near as heavy as their image would suggest. But I really like their take on what sounds to me like an updated mid to late 7os Blue Oyster Cult. Just really smooth hard rock with some pop overtones here and there and even a touch of prog.

Complier, sound chaser and xcqn like this.
  18. Vinyl Fan 1973

That was awesome!

19. xcqn

Seriously, it's one of the best music-videos i've ever seen!! :D

20. xcqn

Check this out!
    For me personally i will be getting Package #1 and mayby #2, also need cd so i would have to get package #3 :D

Scandinavian market
    Package #1
    "Meliora (deluxe vinyl box):
    1 x 180 gram audiophile black vinyl of "Meliora"
    1 x 10" vinyl of "Zenith" and "Cirice" as B-side
    1 x booklet
    1 x poster
    3 x full color cards in envelope
    All copies are individually numbered. This is a strictly limited release - only 5000 copies worldwide.

Package #2
    - Scandinavian vinyl version - clear green vinyl, gatefold, 12 page booklet, limited to 2000 copies worldwide.
    Package #3 - Scandinavian cd version - jewel case - 24 page booklet.

Europe/America thru Ghost's official store (http://kingsroadmerch.com/ghost/)
    Package #4 - Meliora - Exclusive CD + T-Shirt + Deluxe Photo Set
    Package #5 - Meliora - Exclusive LP + T-Shirt + Deluxe Photo Set
    Package #6 - Exclusive Ghost-store digipak CD with attached 24 page color booklet.
    Package #7 - Ghost – Meliora LP (Black)

21. Vinyl Fan 1973

Awesome! The preorder email was waiting for me when I got home, going to place my order!

22. Vinyl Fan 1973

How do you get package one?

23. xcqn

I think the first three listed are scandinavia only but i'm not sure. If you can't find it anywere else you probably have to order it from Sweden
    http://www.hotstuff.se/ghost/

24. Vinyl Fan 1973

Wow, the limited box is only $39.99? That's an amazing deal.

25. Vinyl Fan 1973

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.