"Give 'Em Enough Rope" by the Clash-why is it so unlovable?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jupiter8, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Not a problem at all, George! Glad you are enjoying it (and that you got it at such a great price too!)

2. seventeen

seventeen Forum Resident

The Clash / London Calling
    Give Em Enough Rope
    Black Market Clash
    Sandinista!
    Combat Rock

3. TeddyB

TeddyB Senior Member

Yeah, pretty much, but they're all good.

4. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

Black Market Clash is a compilation!

5. TeddyB

TeddyB Senior Member

Yeah but it's most of an album's worth of non album tracks. Cost of Living EP could be included as well.

6. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member

In your opinion, has the 2013 mastering of the CD finally made Give 'Em Enough Rope more "lovable"?

7. jerrygene

jerrygene Forum Resident

lovable? do you mean a more toned down mix since I always thought it to be a harsh grungy album yet produced to the standards of being Clash loud and wild but controlled to a longer song structure within a American rock band studio setting. Which is why people are quick to judge it in comparison to the 1st.
    I love it.

Obviously, the lessons they learned in the studio were carried over to LCAlling as their "masterpiece"and rightfully so considering the magnificence of every song. Sandinista was a great hodgepodge of a journey and their most abandoned combining loose and tight structure and Combat was their mad zenith and yet one can feel them ready to implode.
    Yet it remains their 1st,both editions that still thrill me....I saw them many times prior to London Calling and am considering upgrading but like the original CD's and my original UK bought Vinyl of The Clash...

hi_watt and danielbravo like this.
  8. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member

I guess what I meant in my poorly worded post is, Is the 2013 mastering better than any other digital mastering, other than the elusive Japanese disc? I have the original CD and the 1999 remaster and both are very loud, unfortunately.

I just wanna get one CD of this album that sounds pretty good, if not great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.