Glen Campbell "All the Best" - research good, impulse buying bad

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by padreken, Jul 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padreken

padreken Senior Member Thread Starter

Spotted this one in the bins yesterday, and it immediately caught my eye as it contained 2 favorite songs that the otherwise excellent Capitol single disc collection leaves off, Try a Little Kindness and Country Boy. Popped it in, and ugh....no-noised completely to death. Checked the liner notes-yep, Bob Norberg.

I'm entering a 12 step program to cure myself of impulse CD buying today.

2. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

Hello. I'm mud and I'm an impulse buyer too.

mud-:D

3. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

The Glen Campbell comps to buy are either the Razor & Tie 2 CD set still in print or the 3 volume Essential Glen Campbell series on Capitol that's now out of print.

Hep Alien likes this.
  4. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967)

The Essential is a nice series, good sound too. Also has the capitol remake of Turn Around Look at Me.

5. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

What I gotta stop doing is reading a series of great comments on these threads and then going immediately, via links, to online record stores and ordering the titles. Did that about five times in the past few weeks (including the Dylan smorgasbord). Killing my wallet. Gotta stop.

Nah.

6. padreken

padreken Senior Member Thread Starter

Many thanks for this recommendation-I found the Razor & Tie collection at Best Buy, and it's excellent-all the Glen a casual fan would ever need, and sounds good to boot.

7. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

And if you wish to go further than seek out the 3 volume essential series as they contain many key album tracks and some rarities as well.

8. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Yeah, that new Campbell comp is sonically horrendous. Got it as a freebie promo, but I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Gave it to my mother, she won't care how it sounds.:p

ED:cool:

9. jgrig0

jgrig0 Active Member

I bought the ALL THE BEST CD and rather liked it. OF course, the only thing that I had to compare it to was the Capitol Greatest Hits CD which wasn't very good. I bought it mainly to get the track True Grit. Yes, I'm the one who liked that cut. I'll have to check out the other compilations that you guys have recommended. I'll be in the poor house now.

10. mrstats

mrstats Senior Member

I feel your pain and so does my wallet!!!!!!!! I find myself doing the same thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.