Glenn Danzig - No Threads (Now The Glenn Danzig Thread)! *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by scuzzer, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Nice Marmot

Nice Marmot Nothin’ feels right but doin’ wrong anymore

Thank you! I'd didn't think I was crazy.

2. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

How is The Doors album their second?

Nice Marmot likes this.
  3. Nice Marmot

A local band shooting all their shows? BS!

unless they know Danzig is there

Stormrider77 likes this.
  4. Stormrider77

Stormrider77 Forum Resident

Maybe they were, I have no idea but bringing it to film a confrontation with Danzig just totally seems suspect like they already knew what was going to happen.

Nice Marmot likes this.
  5. Nice Marmot

Yes, this dude was just walking about showing off his dickness and the camera only followed him.... at the same time he "spontaneously" hit Danzig.

6. scroll back. I've already explained it.

7. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

:thumbsup:

8. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

I don't know if they were filming all the shows or just backstage or what. But they said they had one of their guys shooting at their shows.

I don't even know what this matters. Glenn shoved the guy so he got punched. That's how it works if you mess with someone bigger. I think Glenn thought he'd shove the guy and he'd back down and then Glenn would look like a badass. unfortunately for Glenn that's not how it panned out.

9. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

If they have a camera there, why wouldn't they film it? something interesting is happening so they are going to turn off the camera? It turned out to be a very smart move so that the situation was documented and lies could be proven false.

If they wanted to make money off this they would've sold it to tmz instead of putting it up for free. People are really stretching the conspiracy theories to defend Danzig for getting his ass kicked. That's all that happened. He stepped to a dude and the dude laid him out. Then Glenn made it worse by saying dumb **** like he let the guy knock him out.

10. Stormrider77

Yes, something interesting like confronting and blaming Danzig for something that in all probability was the promoter's problem and fault. Again, I agree that you put your hands on someone and you accept the consequences but these guys are still jerks and suckers for blaming Danzig for the promoter's screw-ups. Who's laughing in the end? Danzig is still out there, diminished as his voice is, but these jokers are forgotten in the wind.

Nice Marmot likes this.
  11. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

I don't know how much happiness this guy has in life compared to Glenn and also don't care.

This is a quote I found from Danny where he says the problem was started by the promoter being disorganized, but that an agreement with Danzig was reached and then Danzig went back on his word. I don't blame Glenn for not pushing his set if he didn't want to, but if what they are saying is true about him agreeing to do something and then not doing it, I understand why Danny confronted him.

The show fell behind due to the promoter being disorganised. Glenn refused to push his time back and we, along with three other bands, were forced to play after him on the condition that he announced the other bands. He didn't announce the bands and closed the show, so we all got ****ed over. I went to talk to him. He started yelling, so did I, then he put his hands on me. He pushed me into a wall and yelled “**** you mother****er!” I defended myself.

12. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

The last two pages of a Danzig thread are dedicated to, no, not his music but getting decked by a fat dude from Kottonmouth Kings. Stellar :rolleyes:

moops likes this.
  13. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

After hearing the new song, I think it's probably better that we not talk about the music.

JuanTCB, Stormrider77 and GodShifter like this.
  14. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Hm, yeah, maybe. I like Danzig though; always have.

It appears I was mistaken about the Kottonmouth Kings? It was the North Side Kings? Whoops!

Nice Marmot, moops and rnranimal like this.
  15. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

I love the Misfits, Samhain and original Danzig band but can't get into anything after that.

Yeah, North Side Kings. Only song I've ever heard of theirs was the one playing over the Danzig knockout video when it first surfaced and I didn't like it at all.

AaronW, Stormrider77 and GodShifter like this.
  16. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I've liked some Danzig post the first four but would agree the magic was gone when that line up fell apart. Tommy Victor's playing with Danzig is horrible. He sounds like crap and I like Prong!

I know nothing of the North Side Kings obviously; not interested either.

Stormrider77 and rnranimal like this.
  17. Stormrider77

Eh, what's the difference, really? :unhunh:

Nice Marmot, moops and GodShifter like this.
  18. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Glenn said he didn't fight back because he didn't want to risk a lawsuit. I believe this. If he starts fighting back and does damage he could've been sued. Besides being sued there's many professions where a throwing punches could result in losing your job or even worse losing some type of profession lisense. Danny probably had nothing to lose.

It was a set up. Why would else would he throw a punch after getting shoved by much smaller older guy?

izgoblin likes this.
  19. Stormrider77

On that, I'm with you, if someone presented proof that Glenn agreed to it but didn't follow through then hey, I can see being ticked off. I just don't buy that he ever agreed to it, think it was the usual promoter shenanigans.

GodShifter and rnranimal like this.
  20. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Possibly. I can't remember if NSKs claimed they heard Glenn actually agree to it or if that's just what they were told. I also don't recall if Glenn ever gave his side of that claim. But either way, I think if he didn't shove the guy then he wouldn't have gotten punched. Oh well, it's old news anyway.

Stormrider77 and GodShifter like this.
  21. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Jumping in to a topic I initially derided, I tend to see Danzig saying he didn't fight back because he didn't want to get sued is just saving face. He pushed the guy first; he initiated the physical confrontation. He got decked and knocked out. End of story.

Stormrider77 and rnranimal like this.
  22. sons of nothing

sons of nothing Forum Resident

Dude, you made me spit out my Revolution Brewing Local Hero Beer. They're a top notch brewer in Chicago. I suggest trying their beer. Imagine if it were one of the guys from Kottonmouth Kings...I'm picturing Troy McClure announcing the shenannigans.

I do think the whole thing was a poorly thought out publicity stunt. I never heard of them before the incident, and I never bothered to listen to their music after the incident.

That said, Danzig has been known to attack photographers, and has had people taking pictures of him at shows kicked out. I did see people getting the boot back in Chicago 2007. No word if they were using a wide lens...

GodShifter likes this.
  23. moops

moops Senior Member

I like Danzig, I like his style ..... sure he's done some kooky stuff over time, but he's not the first and won't be the last.

24. AaronW

AaronW Senior Member

The reemergence of this thread inspired me to give this a spin tonight...still f'n rocks!

[​IMG]

25. vonseux

vonseux Re-channeled Stereo

This album fuvkong rules!!!

AaronW likes this.