Glenn Danzig - No Threads (Now The Glenn Danzig Thread)! *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by scuzzer, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Nice Marmot

Nice Marmot Nothin’ feels right but doin’ wrong anymore

That's not the fight code. You shove back first and prepare for a punch to come, because you do not want to be the one throwing the first punch..... unless you're just looking to punch somebody.

izgoblin, Brenald79 and GodShifter like this.
  2. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Unfortunately for Glenn, they weren't in high school where fight code matters. Glenn turned it physical. Which is why the cops didn't arrest Danny when Glenn called them and why they ended up asking Danny if he wanted to press charges. That's his side of the story anyway.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    GodShifter and Nice Marmot like this.
  3. Nice Marmot

The fight code matters in other places too, like Midwestern industrial towns where blowing of steam with your fists, on a Friday night, but remembering you and the person you're fighting have to be to work on Monday.

This all started to end when younger dudes thought those fights were for real.

GodShifter and rnranimal like this.
  4. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

That's the problem. Glenn stepped to someone who wasn't onboard with the fake fighting. I'm sure Glenn expected this dude to shove him back and then someone would step in between them and break it up. But when you shove someone, you're always taking the chance they'll just clock you and that's what happened.

GodShifter likes this.
  5. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

Glenn Danzig doesn't seem like the kinda guy that is going to ask people to stick around to see so & so after his set. I doubt that was ever discussed. If it was, I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that conversation.

6. vonseux

vonseux Re-channeled Stereo

Just stop this discussion already

You sound like E! Channel

7. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

The E! channel is still around? I haven't watched it since Howard Stern was on, so in that case, I'll take this as a compliment.

Ok, let's move on from the punch talk. Hey, has anyone seen that pic of Glenn carrying kitty litter?

Stormrider77 and GodShifter like this.
  8. baconbadge

baconbadge Chooglin’

How the Gods Kill is his masterpiece. I got to see the original Danzig line up a few times when I was just a kid and those shows were mind blowing to me back then. Chuck Biscuits was a huge drumming influence on me. And who else in that scene was covering Albert King??!! Glen's lyrics with the Misfits were genius. I agree that he shoulda lost the whole "evil" shtick years ago, cause it's limiting and he's a super talented writer & musician.

9. Deaf_in_ LA_1974

Deaf_in_ LA_1974 Forum Resident

I like him with the misfits, but find Samhain and Danzig a little cheesy in a bad way, except "mother"

10. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Hey, serious question. Is Glenn really a black belt in Karate? I read that a few times in the "fight" narratives an earlier poster linked to.

11. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

I agree...what an incredible album. "Do You Wear The Mark", "Godless." And of course....the title track.

12. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Chuck was gone the one time I saw them, but Eerie and John were still there.

dennis1077 and baconbadge like this.
  13. vonseux

vonseux Re-channeled Stereo

Not my favorite album at all
    But my favorite track is Sistinas

Stormrider77 and GodShifter like this.
  14. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I guess this is as good as any place to confess I do not and have never liked Misfits. Not one bit. I love Samhain though.

15. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

That's a good one. Almost a son of the song "Blood And Tears."

vonseux likes this.
  16. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

"Sistinas" rules.

Question: What has two thumbs and likes Blackacidevil.
    Answer: This guy.

(Though I would admit I HATED it when I first heard it).

Stormrider77 likes this.
  17. baconbadge

baconbadge Chooglin’

Me & my friends used to love doing our impressions of Glenn on the intro to Heart of the Devil! Sometimes we'd be at band rehearsal and just randomly insert our Glenn screams... Fun times!

Stormrider77 and 500Homeruns like this.
  18. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Picked up Danzig I, III, & IV used on CD today at RSD. $4 each. I & IV are the repress. III is the original. I remember reading somewhere the original IV with the cardboard sleeve was the was shoplifted CD ever.

mdm08033 and GodShifter like this.
  19. Nice Marmot

I like Danzig and How The Gods Kill the best. I saw the first album tour (89?) at The Stone in San Fransisco. I think Primus opened for them.... Primus opened for everyone that year. John Christ was walking around looking at girls asses with a flashlight, during the opening set.

Greenalishi and vonseux like this.
  20. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Maybe he lost his wallet. :laugh:

moops and Nice Marmot like this.
  21. four sticks

four sticks Senior Member

Agreed. I love III.

Greenalishi, johnny q and baconbadge like this.
  22. Chuck Biscuits was a part of a few bands I liked growing up, Social D, DOA, Black Flag, Circle Jerks, Danzig... I didnt know who he was, but in retrospect I can see now, one of the reasons I liked the bands was due to him.

baconbadge likes this.
  23. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

My CD of III has a parental advisory - explicit content sticker on the front of the case that also says STRONG LANGUAGE on it as well. Haven't seen that type of warning on a Cd before.

vonseux likes this.
  24. Nice Marmot

He was wearing a shirt saying "I like to eat p****"...... No joke.

Maybe was looking for an appetizer.

GodShifter likes this.
  25. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Danny was 28 and Glenn was 49 when it happed. 21 years, about the same age difference and ages as Robin Ventura and Nolan Ryan when Ventura charged the mound. That's like punching your dad or baseball coach. From what I remember of the mound-charging incident many thought it was inappropriate to fight a guy that old.

izgoblin likes this.