Godzilla 2014.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by amonjamesduul, Oct 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

where can I buy this?

2. Michael

oh I cannot wait for this!

3. Michael

then that's the one to get, but will they substitute the other version on the US DVD? ya know like change history?

4. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

So far, the worst visual effect seems to be Bryan Cranston's rug... :sigh:

Ghostworld likes this.
  5. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

The quick shot of the flying critter got me thinking Rodan.

bundee1 and The Hud like this.
  6. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

The rug is pretty cheesy, but I think the shot of the damaged Statue of Liberty looks worse. ;)

Vidiot and Ghostworld like this.
  7. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I'm pretty sure it was stated mentioned in the thread that the Statue of Liberty shown in the trailer is the one from the New York New York Hotel in Las Vegas:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Definitely looks like Rodan. I can't imagine they'd use Mothra.

Rumor is that the second creature is responsible for the scenes in Las Vegas.

9. Luke The Drifter

Luke The Drifter Forum Resident

Edwards (the director) has stated that the other creatures are completely new creations, but inspired by classic Godzilla foes. The Statue of Liberty is indeed the statue in Vegas. The effect looks pretty much just like it. They obviously used it in the trailer, because it is a striking image to think of the Statue of Liberty damaged.

10. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

It's just off-putting to see it in the trailer, because the face of the Las Vegas version is so different from the actual Statue of Liberty in NY. It makes it come off as "cheesy" since for a moment we think we're looking at the real Statue of Liberty. After looking at photos of the Las Vegas version, though, it the movie footage looks just like it.

11. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

She gets so little respect from monsters. First the "damned apes" and now the damned lizard!

12. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

I could do without the (fake) Statue of Liberty stuff. Seems like a rehash of Cloverfield.

13. DreadPikathulhu

It's no different than every kaiju film made in Japan showing the destruction of Tokyo Tower. Giant monsters gravitate towards national landmarks. Who wants to see Godzilla stomp on Eureka, California?

BrokenByAudio likes this.
  14. pcfchung

pcfchung Forum Resident

They only have the right for Godzilla. All the other creatures have to be new.

15. mrstats

mrstats Senior Member

Thanks for sharing! I've convinced my grandkids to see this movie with me.

Michael, jriems and progrocker71 like this.
  16. Michael

Cool! that should be fun for all of you! Nice...

mrstats likes this.
  17. Michael

fine with me as long as the camera is NOT )))))SHAKING{{{{{{

18. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Bryan Cranston just went on Howard Stern a week or so ago and did a little advance promotion for the movie. He says he plays a scientist who is "working on a government plan to kill Godzilla," but didn't say what it was or whether they'd be successful. Cranston did say quite a few other actors had auditioned to play his son, including Joseph Gordon-Leavitt, but the producers decided on British actor Aaron Taylor-Johnson (formerly of Kick-Ass). Cranston said he absolutely loved Godzilla as a kid and enjoyed being in the movie, and also said he'd always wanted to be in a huge summer blockbuster film.

Maybe they could rent some of the Guillermo del Toro monsters seen before in Pacific Rim...

19. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

I hope not, the creature designs in Pacific Rim weren't very good.

20. DreadPikathulhu

The biggest problem I had with that film was that so much of it took place in the dark and in the rain. I realize that makes it easier to do the effects, but I want to SEE the creature. Based on what I've seen so far, it looks like we may get some daylight scenes in Godzilla.

jriems likes this.
  21. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Int'l trailer. Oh, yeah. Action packed, we don't need any of that indie junk. One too many broken building shots.

22. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

The brief shot of the kids in the school bus as (Godzilla's?) spikes rising reflected in the windows

23. mrstats

mrstats Senior Member

Thanks! After all their grandpa grew up with the original Godzilla!

24. Standoffish

Standoffish Smarter than a turkey

This movie is gonna be big...

25. yasujiro

yasujiro Senior Member

Those people who run away on the trailer reminds me of the great tradition of Ishiro Honda's Godzilla series.

I really wish I could hear (quotation of) Godzilla music by Akira Ifukube on the new Godzilla.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.