Godzilla LP Soundtrack Box (Showa Series) coming this March

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Futurecity, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Futurecity

Futurecity Forum Resident Thread Starter

hi_watt and Jason W like this.
  2. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

3. Futurecity

I think it's the first time this many Japanese Godzilla soundtracks have been officially released in the U.S., too bad there isn't a CD version.

4. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Just a heads up that if you sign up for their yearly subscription at $250 you get 10% off everything else all year including the Godzolla box set! The link takes you to what is included (a great deal if you ask me) and you have until Friday to sign up.
    2021 Waxwork Records Subscription

5. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Not available outside the US unfortunately else I may have found the money somewhere and gone for it.

6. heavysoul

heavysoul Forum Resident

Anyone receive this set yet? The label’s website indicates that it’ll be shipped sometime in June for those who ordered early. But it keeps getting delayed …

7. Bigdz68

Bigdz68 Forum Resident

Still waiting on shipment notification but due to an error they had with delays on another title they sent some of us a 25% off code that worked on the box. I will gladly wait to receive this for now. Definitely a shelf killer!

8. CBackley

CBackley Chairman of the Bored

Anyone who has this, please report back!

9. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

i have it.....
    i ve listened to the following:

godzilla 1954 (i have to say it sounds wonderful. i thought since it was so old it would sound processed and dnr'd but no... its great)

godzilla vs mothra (probably my fav soundtrack because of the peanuts. lp1 is where its at. lp2 sounds like the same thing over and over)

godzilla vs hedorah..i was hoping the song "give back the sun" would be a bit longer but its a 2min song... hedorah is a great movie but i never owned it as a kid so i dont have huge attachment to this soundtrack.

godzilla vs king kong...never noticed how similar this soundtrack is to the mothra. in some parts almost exactly the same. i like the movie but the soundtrack is basically just score cues..

godzilla vs mecha godzilla--- only the king ceasar with the african drum sounds really reminded me of the movie. i love this movie though and one of my fav godzilla films.
    ---
    thats it.. i ve had the box here for a week and havnt felt the urge to listen to the other ones but i certainly will...

some guy on ebay was selling them seperate...maybe i should of just bought my 2 favourites or something? idk... i guess im happy i have it. like i said. the sound is top notch and recommended.

some clicks here and there nothing horrible. no nonfill at least.

barryalan, hi_watt, Shawn and 3 others like this.
  10. CBackley

Man, I think I need this. Well, “need.” What are the dimensions of the outer box? What retailer did you order it from?

11. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

its exactly 13x13 inches. and 4inches thick

Got it direct from waxworks website. preordered in february.

Shawn and CBackley like this.
  12. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

very curious thing is the innersleeves are mofi sleeves. was mobile fidelity involved?:o

CBackley likes this.
  13. Bigdz68

Bigdz68 Forum Resident

A few months back waxwork started shipping all releases with an extra Mofi sleeve per LP.
    My box just arrived in a massive box. looking forward to cleaning and spinning it through the weeks ahead!

pinkrudy likes this.
  14. CBackley

Does anyone know if Waxworks is good about replacing defective LPs? Even if they’re purchased from other retailers?

15. Jason W

Jason W Forum Resident

Would love a CD set of this. Any of the past Japanese ones I've seen are so pricey.

16. Futurecity

Do you currently own any Japanese Godzilla soundtrack CDs?

If not, the 50th Anniversary Godzilla Soundtrack Perfect Collection boxed sets are the way to go...they were released between 2004 and 2010, but they are still available as far as I know.

Jason W likes this.
  17. Jason W

Jason W Forum Resident

Those were the sets I was thinking of. I never got them and now each box sells between $250-400.

18. Futurecity

Jason W likes this.
  19. Jason W

Jason W Forum Resident

Futurecity likes this.
  20. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

Buyer beware though. They are incredibly difficult to work with. Make sure you pick the right postage. And if you ever want peace in your life, do NOT sign up for their e-mails. They will never leave you alone and there is no way (that works) to unsubscribe.

21. CBackley

Are people still enjoying their LP sets?

22. domesticmachine

domesticmachine Resident Forum

Anyone have coupon code they could share? Or a tip on a discount?