Going to be selling my turnatble

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by HankM, Mar 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HankM

HankM Senior Member Thread Starter

I would like to sell my Music Hall MMF-5.1 turntable but I have no idea what these tables are worth on the used market. I'm not yet sure on which cartridge will be included, it could be my Ortofon 2M Bronze or Audio Technica AT33PG/II. I also have the acrylic platter as well as the original alloy one. I was just wondering what is the current value of these. Is the price range of $400 - $500 reasonable? I have original box and packing. I checked completed auction on Ebay but didn't see any 5.1 tables.

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  2. FLEMKE

FLEMKE Senior Member

That price seems reasonable. Local sale for a turntable is the best way to go. Try the SH classifieds.

Tim

HankM likes this.
  3. Bob_in_OKC

Bob_in_OKC Forum Resident

Used turntables that are from fairly recent years seem to go for somewhere around half the original price to half the current price. If something had a common street price well below MSRP its resale value is probably affected by that. The MMF-5.1 is currently available at a 20% discount at a retailer online, so you’d be competing with that. Models that come with a cartridge that represents a large part of its value might go lower than half, because an old stylus could be assumed to have little or no value. If I were shopping for this turntable, I’d give value to the acrylic platter only if I actually wanted it or could resell it.

HankM likes this.
  4. octaneTom

octaneTom Man of Leisure

Check out the Sold tab over at HifiShark for that model:
    Used music hall 5.1 for Sale | HifiShark.com

Prices vary pretty widely — they generally seem to go for around $350-550 depending on condition and what cartridge they come with, etc. Good luck!

HankM likes this.
  5. HankM

HankM Senior Member Thread Starter

Thanks guys. Much appreciated!

6. If you price it at 50% of the MSRP, that is usually the market value for used gear.

HankM likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.