Golden Sound Intelligent CD Chip--What the HELL?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by daveman, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daveman

daveman Forum All Star Thread Starter

2. Danny Kaey

Danny Kaey New Member

something to do with molecular level re-atomizing... I don't want to sound k00-k00, but there are several people with tons more brains than me who developed this and the process behind it... I haven't personally heard it, but those that have claim it works as advertised...

3. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

I heard it at CES. It did seem to improve the sound. I have no idea how it can possibly work, and was totally skeptical - not only on how it works, but how it stops working when it's done the 10 discs. But I had a demo - and I wasn't the only one. Check the Asylum.

4. Gregory Earl

Gregory Earl Senior Member

This is the problem I have with Cd's in general. There seems to be one snake oil product after another that claims to make them sound....more vinyl like. How could something like this work. Sounds like one of those corny ebay scams. Ghost In A Jar.....etc.

Maybe it works, I don't know. Why don't they just make them sound better in the first place?

5. Gregory Earl

I'll check out the Asylum. Sounds crazy though.

6. Gregory Earl

Good lord.

Just got back from the Asylum. Got bored after the first 10 posts on it. They need to start a forum just for this product. If you want to call it a product. I think that's too good of a term for it though :sigh: .

7. I have thousands of CDs! If this chip were really intelligent, it could fix all of them.

Why can't it be re-"charged"? Maybe if I place it atop a pile of upgraded discs it will re-energize itself (of course, causing said CDs to revert back to their former crappy, tinny selves in the process). But then I could use it for my next 10 discs and so on. Otherwise I have to buy like 500 of these Intelli-Chips, which quite possibly could force me to declare bankruptcy. "You see, your Honor, it's not my fault, it's the chip..."

Or maybe, just maybe, if I place a spent chip on my turntable while playing some DCC LPs it will totally re-energize, thus giving all my CDs the sweet sound of vinyl. :laugh:

8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

...all the hoopla about wanting the disc's to sound like vinyl...I want them to sound like the original master tape in the studio...When I play Steve's DCC's compact disc's (IMO), that's the closest to the master we're going to get without all the background anomalies associated with vinyl...

9. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

Anyone want to buy a bridge in New York? I'll sell you one, cheap!

10. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

That sounds right for this product. :rolleyes: ;)

11. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

From the company's link:

DIVX for the audiophile who believes everything he or she reads.

The faster you use it, the faster you buy a replacement. This way, the company gets a lot of money from the gullible before the word gets out that it's bogus. :D

12. boead

boead New Member

Placebo!

It can't work because it doesn't do anything.

There are tons of ‘so called’ sound improving gadgets. Some have one foot in science, others both in Fantasy Land.

IC’s, power cords and isolators can be explained, technically. Also the differences are dramatic, sans the isolators.

Liquid treatments and lacquers cross over that line into the world of …
    [​IMG]

I saw this companies little ‘chip’ some time ago. I showed it to my wife and her first comment was ‘isn’t that illegal?’

13. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

I don't know, but I'm missing an orange memory card from my GameCube... :biglaugh:

14. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

If they explained how it works (placebo effect), then no one would buy it. :sigh:

15. Danny Kaey

Danny Kaey New Member

this is sort of along the lines of selling amplifiers for $350,000, $70,000 or $3000... no?

16. daveman

daveman Forum All Star Thread Starter

True, but they could at least fake it! They don't even attempt to explain how it works. :laugh:

Say, has anybody got a link to the asylum thread? I gotta see this!

17. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

Maybe...?

As for tweaks, and expensive components, I can understand the hows and whys IF there is solid engineering behind it, and I'm talking about good, solid electrical and/or mechanical engineering, not one person's hoodoo-voodoo. Thing is, since I'd studied electronics a long time ago, and spent almost 20 years in industrial distribution and sales (which requires a strong mechanical-oriented background), I can smell a fish a mile away. My wallet thanks me. :D

18. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member

I usually sit with my CD's around me and do a meditation session. That seems to help alleviate their digital sound... it only lasts for a couple of plays, though ;)

19. Gregory Earl

Here is the Asylum link I saw. I'm sure there are more.

Click Here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.