Goldmember DVD Problems

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by teaser5, May 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy Thread Starter

Anyone else having problems with this DVD? I am on my second copy and both of them stop exactly 1:17 into the film. I thought my problem might have something to do with the Infinifilm Option but I am not switching that on. Anyone else?

Thanks
    Norm

2. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

My copy, purchased as a pre-order, is fine.

3. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

What's your model DVD player? Could be a freeze in the layer change.

4. teaser5

I have a Pioneer Elite. My audio system is separate from my stereo.
    I watched some of Beatles Anthology last night and it was fine.
    BTW: What audio setting are you guys using for The Beatles DVD?

Thanks a lot!
    Norm

5. Cliff

Cliff Magic Carpet Man

My "Goldmember" works just fine ;)
    Watched it for the first time last week, and it seemed perfect. I will double-check mine tonight at the 1:17 mark.

6. Sckott

7. teaser5

That's it!

Yup. That's what I am getting also. Nice catch! Weird.

BTW my problem started at one minute and seventeen seconds into the film; just as the helicopter shoots into the rear screen of the Shaguar. I will see just how liberal the Circuit City return policy is tonight. I bought the second one figuring the first was a dud and I would return it with the receipt from the second then come back and return the sealed exchange saying it was a gift. Now I have two open turkeys and only one receipt. That's the down side of getting way behind in my viewing.

Peace
    Norm

8. reechie

reechie Senior Member

Sounds like some kind of player/disc conflict, but that usually happens with older Toshiba players. First I've heard of it happening with the Pioneer's.

My copy of Dogma SE used to freeze in the same way at a couple of spots on my old Tosh (2 different copies), but I haven't had a problem with it on my newer Panasonic model.

A lot of these problems have been corrected on subsequent pressings, has New Line said anything about a fix?

9. Sckott

Yeah, Reechie's right. Some discs are built with non-standardized redirects at the layer changes, and some players just don't know how to deal with that. Some discs are, depending on the player, difficult to read if they're dual layer.

Ah, the wonders of a dual layer disc.

However, this is a manufacturing issue in a sense, just like the DSOTM thing. The only thing you can do is not play the movie, or get another player... But that would suck... He's got a very fine DVD Pioneer as it is!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.