Gonna get the Dr. Dre Beats MIXR headphones to see how..

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by HiFiGuy528, Jul 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5-String

5-String μηδὲν ἄγαν

Great video, as always! So these are not as bad as most of the people think they are, that's good to know.

2. HiFiGuy528

HiFiGuy528 Formerly Dj_AmTraX Thread Starter

So I decided to get the entire Beats line of over the head cans to give each a shake down. I am listening to the Solo HD right now I and think if you only experienced the Solo HD on 320kbp tracks on an iPod, you would think Beats sound awful. The MIXR is A LOT better. The Solo HD does has it's place, but it's not an overall good sounding cans.

No unboxing video on the Solo HD because everyone seen what it looks like and I decided to get the Monster version, not the new Beats version due to the extra cable you get.

3. Colgin

Colgin Forum Resident

Are you keeping all of them?

4. HiFiGuy528

I keep almost all the headphones I buy. I only sell the ones I really don't like and will not use. The ones I get from manufactures I have to send back after the review. :(

5. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

Mike, this bit-by-bit strip-teasing of a very favorable review is driving me a little bit crazy. Please deliver the promised review. Consider yourself nagged (in a friendly kind of way, I hope). :nauga:

Your from-the-hip comments so far suggest you're planning to throw down against the very strong reviewer consensus condemning these headphones, so I've got my popcorn ready.

6. HiFiGuy528

I am trying to decide the best way to review the MIXR. My initial thoughts were the MIXR against the Pioneer HDJ-2000 since they are both marketed towards DJs. Then I decided to get the entire Beats line to see which is best performing and better value. I am leaning towards the latter because it will provide a potential Beats buyer a good guide on which is a better buy if he/she wants Beats an nothing else. Your thoughts?

7. Colgin

Colgin Forum Resident

:)
    Intellectually and practically it makes more sense to compare each Beats model against its competitors in the market it is purporting to serve. However, I think most people, myself included, would prefer hearing your views of the entire Beats line in one shoot out even if it doesn't make sense to compare an (alleged) studio monitor with a portable with an (alleged) DJ can. Beats is very polarizing (hugely popular yet widely ridiculed) and it seems like you bought the line as a kind of experiment to see how they actually are to your ears. Well, then you should go with that experiment and evaluate them against each other. IMHO.

I will watch regardless.:)

8. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

A country singer who is a fan of Beats by Dr. Dre headphones as I saw on Facebook is Kacey Musgraves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.