Good deals on amazon.ca - Updated as deals are found (pt2)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by MilesSmiles, Dec 22, 2013.

1. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

2. chosenhandle

chosenhandle Forum Resident

back up to 23.95 CAD. dang it I missed the low price.

3. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

Felicitations!!!

4. Vinylsoul 1965

Vinylsoul 1965 Senior Member

Now down to $18.18 (save for Volume IV which is $23.95 for two discs) :)

5. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

Simon A and PH416156 like this.
  6. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

7. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

imarcq likes this.
  8. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

9. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

A Collection Of Great Dance Songs (Vinyl) ~ Pink Floyd
    Permalink:http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00004WNNG

Price:CDN$ 6.92

Usually ships within 1 to 2 months. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  10. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

I'd recommend avoiding this release. Nothing spectacular in terms of the pressing, and the artwork is absolutely horrendous...it's like a bad colour photocopy. I'm seriously thinking of smashing the thing into bits. The front cover (and back cover especially) are out of focus/blurry; you can hardly read the words on the back cover. Zero quality control. It's almost as if Sony are releasing VERY old stock (that they found in the back of a warehouse) which failed the quality control test way back when in order to capitalize on the new 'vinyl resurgence'.

I've seen copies of this at my local record store selling for $13.98. It's definitely a budget release (for obvious reasons).

I would advise - for someone interested in picking this up - to seek out a good quality used original 1982 pressing and avoid this dud like the plague...

AndrewS, aoxomoxoa and imarcq like this.
  11. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

What the man said! Plus who wants to wait 2 months if it's a dud?

ptijerm likes this.
  12. AndrewS

AndrewS Senior Member

This is so true... I thought I had already posted about this, but I guess I forgot to do so. Absolute crap pressing. Mine was severely warped (cupped) and dirty. It was pressed in the Phillipines. The cover was so bad, it looked like a cheap knockoff. The worst LP I've ever purchased, in terms of quality of pressing. It probably cost amazon.ca more for me to return it than the original purchase price.

imarcq and ptijerm like this.
  13. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Yes, but if you're really interested in Pink Floyd dance mixes, this is the only place to get them. The 140 bpm version of Money never fails to fill the dance floor.

14. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

The Pogues - In Paris: 30th Anniversary concert at the Olympia (triple vinyl LP) - $17.28
    http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B009NEP39M

(NOTE - for some strange reason, it defaults to the more expensive listing by 'Fulfillment Express', but if you click on "10 new from CDN$ 17.28", you will see Amazon Canada's own listing which you can add to your shopping cart)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  15. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

Ordered the Soul II Soul when you posted on Wednesday.............its just been delivered to me here in Switzerland!!

16. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

LOL...that was quick!! I live in Canada and I never get packages from them that quick...

17. canonlon

canonlon Forum Resident

I usually get delivery from Amazon U.K. to Canada in about 5 business days

18. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

19. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Definitely a good deal for our friends in Canada, as shipping to the U.S. increases the total significantly. Interestingly, there are several MarketPlace sellers listing these discs cheap on amazon.ca, but I saw none on amazon.com. Import CDs had one of those discs listed on amazon.ca, but I did not see their listing on amazon.com. Also, while considering whether or not to place an order via amazon.ca, I noticed one seller who claimed to ship from New Jersey but would not ship to the U.S.

20. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

Try contacting that seller through Amazon.ca and ask him to list it on Amazon.com. Worth a try. Alternatively, Grooves has them as part of their 3 for $29 sale.

http://www.grooves-inc.com

21. AndrewS

AndrewS Senior Member

Yes! I did this with a Canadian seller that only had an item listed on amazon.com. They were willing to list it for me on amazon.ca. As it turned out, the item wasn't what I thought it was, so I didn't have them re-list it, but as you said, it is worth asking.

22. canonlon

canonlon Forum Resident

23. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

24. canonlon

canonlon Forum Resident