Good deals on amazon.ca - Updated as deals are found

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by TheHypnoToad, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Yep...don't care how cheap they are- it would have made more sense to buy the Legacy Editions with superior mastering. It pays to do 2 minutes of searching on the forum before jumping on every deal just because its a deal. :)

2. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Yes they do, thus the "get them out of here" pricing.

3. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Thanks, but I actually canceled the order on amazon.co.uk and ordered the two Elvis sets from amazon.com. It turns out that amazon.com had them priced similarly, plus I get free two-day shipping with Prime.

As for High Vibration, I've only listened to 90125 thus far. One day, I'll compare it to the Audio Fidelity gold CD. The SACD is good, especially the bass. On some tracks, the vocals sounded a bit "metallic" or lacking air. That could be the '80s production or it could be the mastering. I'm not sure since I didn't compare it to anything else.

imarcq likes this.
  4. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Thanks Keith. It's a lot to get through! I don't think I'll manage them all on Xmas Day thats for sure...Enjoy the Elvis Sets, they are a good price even if with allegedly "substandard" mastering. But it looks like a nice package to have at a nice price (either side o the pond!)

5. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

6. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Thanks, Mark. I have a lot of Yes to go through for sure, plus a lot of other recent purchases. Where to start? :)

imarcq likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.