Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

latheofheaven likes this.
  2. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  3. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

It’s a great set!

Onrd, latheofheaven and imarcq like this.
  4. Tartifless

Tartifless Forum Resident

Ordered, thanks

latheofheaven and imarcq like this.
  5. Tartifless

Tartifless Forum Resident

Bought and received, thanks

PH416156 likes this.
  6. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Me too, Thanks

imarcq likes this.
  7. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

De rien :)

aoxomoxoa and imarcq like this.
  8. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Ordered 3 cd set for $20.50 as it was taking forever with US Amazon(2 months and counting).
    Great show for sure.

9. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Just a quick follow up on this topic. I ordered two items last night, and had the full range (5?) of shipping options again. Strangely, despite saying 6-10 days for my cheap shipping method, delivery is being shown as 3 weeks from now. Also, unusually, in contrast to my last order which took over a week to even ship, one of my two items (an 80 CD box set) has been shipped within 24 hours -- the other item (a 4CD set) will apparently ship later, even though it is 'In Stock'. I can understand delayed shipping for those wanting free domestic shipping, but it does not make any sense for paid options.

Now back to deals....

10. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

A silent order of the Claudio Arrau box, cheeky ;)

11. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Busted! :)

I see today that it is shipping from France, and will take 3 weeks. Ouch!

12. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

Very interesting, mine too. I don't think I've seen that before. I can not wait to hear this box, if you want some great interviews with Arrau I posted them here.

13. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

I have received items before ordered from one European Amazon but shipped from another. Don't recall any big box sets, though.

Thanks for the links to the interviews, now if only I can find the time to read them, and listen to all the music I keep buying! :) Lots of the Philips catalog is on TIDAL, so I can listen without opening the box!! :laugh:

If someone finds a 'Sunday night massacre' price on the Bach 333 box I think my wife will likely 'crown' me with it! :D

14. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

I'm glad we're getting a tracking number for this box. At least for me something is up with packages getting lost from Europe to New England :(

Amazon UK third parties- anyone else waiting a very long time for packages to the US?

15. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

hvbias likes this.
  16. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

17. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

latheofheaven, PH416156 and Gavaxeman like this.
  18. imarcq

No he's the Bollywood Elvis ;)

latheofheaven and aoxomoxoa like this.
  19. imarcq

latheofheaven and aoxomoxoa like this.
  20. imarcq

Just as a follow up to my post above, this LP is available from USA Amazon for Prime members only at $26.24 or $36.28+ from 3rd party sellers.

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Live at the Old Waldorf (2LP, Limited Gold Vinyl Edition)

21. The Real... series of compilations are an excellent cheap way of getting into an artist. Sony mostly used their latest at the time digital masterings for each song across the line, so this isn't abysmal public domain junk.

22. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Yup. This is why I posted the link to that Elvis compilation. 99.9% of us have those tracks already, but that would be a nice present for somebody else. For less that £3

imarcq likes this.
  23. Margrave

Margrave I'll Give It 5

imarcq likes this.
  24. imarcq

I just put the USA prices in for comparison as many forum members here are North American and can then "do the math" to see if it's working out cheaper buying from UK or not.

If you buy from Amazon itself and live outside EU you escape paying the VAT and it's deducted from your final payment. However, marketplace sellers don't do this for some reason. Also, for any importer outside EU, they may be subject to their own local import duty themselves.

Of course you are right pointing this out, as we in UK can be charged VAT on non EU purchases over £15....and import duty if it's over £135.

Tax and customs for goods sent from abroad

However some of the Amazon US sellers (I think All Your Music and Rarewaves) also have a UK based distribution so some items could actually be posted here and avoid any duty altogether.

You have to do your homework buying online to avoid any nasty surprises. I once got slogged badly, having ordered a vinyl box set direct from Warner Music in USA, but as I was leaving UK back to living in Sydney, with the right documentation, I was able to claim back my duty at the airport when leaving UK. I've never been caught out since! :)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  25. Margrave

Margrave I'll Give It 5

Mark,
    Rarewaves are based on a trading estate in Scotland as far as I know always have been.
    Used them a few times over the years and alway had bent records and ****e customer relations .
    All your music I've used loads over the years and the few times I've had a problem they have been great sorting it out.

imarcq likes this.