Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. jason202

jason202 Active Member

That's a great deal. It was hovering around $30 on Amazon for quite a while.

2. Rentz

Rentz Active Member

bowie - Space oddity 11.99

Ivand likes this.
  3. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Ivand and black sheriff like this.
  4. Rentz

Rentz Active Member

ad180 likes this.
  5. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I don't know that there is any way around this. Add-on status for a $3 LP that would cost mere mortals more than that amount to send via media mail.

Amazon sold me a Roger Lion that was only barely on the edge of my radar at a price that got my attention (made possible by a post here). Perhaps I wouldn't have made the purchase had they cranked in the cost of shipping (i.e. - $6+...then again, that would have been a great value as well).

The crazy thing is that I combined Roger Lion with a pre-order and they have shipped Roger Lion separately. What the heck...doesn't that defeat the purpose of the add-on??? Honestly, I'd have had zero issue if Amazon insisted on combining the shipment. That would be more than reasonable for a $3 slab of Pernice vinyl goodness.

bru87tr likes this.
  6. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I saw that on a $4.99 Sister Sledge CD the other day. Isn't this why I pay for Prime?

7. eelkiller

eelkiller Untrained ears

$4.99 Sister Sledge CD, doesn't the seller realize someone just died? Time to jack up the prices people.

noname74 likes this.
  8. popscene

popscene Forum Resident

Apologies for bringing this up in the Amazon thread, but if you have a Fry's Electronics store by you, check them out for Prince vinyl. I don't know if their prices are fixed nationwide, but my local store had some great deals on the following titles:

• 1999 - $13.99
    • Dirty Mind - $9.99 (RTI pressing - tag showed $13.99 but rang up lower)
    • Prince - $6.66
    • Plectrum Electrum - $6.96
    • For You - $7.61 (if I recall correctly - I didn't pick this one up)

BrewCrew82, azjvm05, bru87tr and 2 others like this.
  9. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Roger Lion update...

As (un)expected, the slab of Roger Lion vinyl arrived today. Still tripping because Amazon shipped this add-on separately from the pre-order I used to reach the $25 threshold. Then again, I can't imagine they have the capability of simply setting something aside to match it up with a later pre-order.

At any rate, this was quite the find. I recall reading about it just over a year ago when I picked up some Pernice Brothers on vinyl. Seemed there were two new Joe Pernice projects I needed to put on my proverbial want list, Roger Lion along with The New Mendicants. As much as I love all things Pernice (Pernice Brothers, Scud Mountain Boys, Chappaquiddick Skyline, Big Tobacco, solo, etc), these titles slipped from my memory.

As for the Roger Lion vinyl, it is a beautiful sounding (dead quiet) pressing which features the honey-smooth vocals we expect from Joe Pernice over some rather unique musical territory, unique in that it is markedly different from his usual style. It works really well. Here is a link about the album...

Meet Roger Lion « Pernice Brothers

And while the Amazon price has jumped, importcds/eBay has it for about $6 & change under their current sale (25% off $60+). Highly recommend including this one as part of a larger order there.

And thanks again to Tjazz for the link alert to the original deal.

Tjazz likes this.
  10. Ivand

Ivand Forum Resident

The Grateful Dead Europe 72 Vol 2 vinyl: $36.00. Great price IMO.

fluffskul likes this.
  11. Tjazz

Tjazz Forum Resident

You would think the shipping costs on the LP would be over $3.

12. dolsey01

dolsey01 Active Member

Thank You! This has been sitting on my wish list for a long time.

P.S. There's only one left at the time of this post.