Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

I think the vinyl sounds great. Don't have the CDs to compare it to, but it's been getting consistent play here since I got it last Fall. The pressing quality of my copy is fantastic as well. No issues with the colored vinyl. $30 is a fantastic price for this set.

bru87tr likes this.
  2. spencer1

spencer1 Great Western Forum Resident

The link took me to a place that clearly says CD.
    Vinyl only has 3rd party used ...

3. John D.

John D. Senior Member

The original ad some of replied to, was an amazon error that listed vinyl. They quickly corrected the ad
    to read CD, after being inundated with purchases from the Hoffman Forum. :agree:

The Beave and LarryP like this.
  4. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Delivered yesterday. Someone did their homework on this set. Factory sealed there was three layers of bubble wrap, inside the box, and all the LPs were shipped outside of their custom paper sleeves, in poly sleeves. Hope it sounds as good as it looks. Thanks for posting this deal. :cool::thumbsup:

5. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

6. rtalwani

rtalwani Forum Resident

Ordered, (lazily assuming it's better sounding than what I bought when it was originally released). Thanks for the tip.

Edit: A little research suggests my assumption may not be the case, but I'm a risk-taker and the price is right!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  7. Tjazz

8. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

9. Dan

Dan Senior Member

10. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

azjvm05, Lethrus and black sheriff like this.
  11. Tjazz

12. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

That version of back to black is always cheap but it's not recommended. The half speed vinyl is supposedly the best but pricey and not widely available. This one is the British version and is better tHan the US and still reasonable. But it'll never be an audiophile wonder
    AMY WINEHOUSE - Back to Black - Amazon.com Music

13. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

14. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

Damn want to pull the trigger on that gentle giant but some of the recent reviews warn it is just the CD and no BR.

15. Myke

From 2015, surely to Christ that'd be corrected by now.

Opeth likes this.
  16. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

Bybughunt62on March 15, 2017
    Verified Purchase
    CD-only, no 5.1 included.

17. Myke

I stand corrected. Explains the price. Going to be a LOT of disappointed customers then. My info. came from Blu-ray.com's daily e-mail.

Opeth likes this.
  18. HanowarHAIL

HanowarHAIL Forum Resident

Yeah, the page for that is still screwed up since that album was first put onto Amazon. Strangely enough, I received mine today and I'm actually listening to the blu ray right now. It was $15 when I bought it though.

The title for the correct version is: Octopus: Steven Wilson 5.1 Remix [Blu-ray]

This should be the correct blu ray version. Link

Both versions seem to be $10.99 right now. Another edit: it says only for prime members now.

Dan and Opeth like this.
  19. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

So should we do it ?! I'm tempted but I spent like 2 bills on music this month already between the doors, Mastodon and a record show lol.

20. Dan

Dan Senior Member

This link has the correct ASIN/UPC for the bluray. I'm going for it and if it's wrong it will go back. No sweat.

rtalwani and Lethrus like this.
  21. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

22. HanowarHAIL

HanowarHAIL Forum Resident

IMO, if you like prog rock, you have to get this album for this price. The Blu Ray is great but I don't have a surround sound setup. Both the original mix and the stereo remix and remaster tracks sound good to me.

23. Dan

Dan Senior Member

The Metallica "Hardwired" limited LP box was back to $26 and change today after a brief time above $30. Had to bite this time.

seaisletim, black sheriff and bru87tr like this.
  24. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

Back to $26

25. Tjazz