Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Get the Big Beat version. It is cheap and good

2. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

There's a ton of discussion regarding this pressing in the forums. Basically: Even if the pressing is OK, the mastering is crap. For those who will buy anything to have it on vinyl, only.

3. knob twirler

knob twirler Senior Member

Yeah. I’m not even a person who returns pressings for not being perfect. Like the Zombies Best Of from the same label is cheap and rice crispies between tracks, but sounds fine during the songs, so I kept it.

4. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

2014 version ................... sorry i haven't been around , i would have answered sooner ;)

Amnesiac likes this.
  5. inspiracy

inspiracy Senior Member

6. Ivand

Ivand Forum Resident

The Grateful Dead - Europe 72 on vinyl down to $33.92

7. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Good morning. I am quoting myself for a reason and genuinely would like some feedback from others. I placed this order on Thursday evening and just moments ago, I hear a van pull up in front of my house along with a couple woofs from my husky to confirm that the album had arrived. I opened the front door and looked down, nothing. I then looked to one side and saw the album laying on top of a masonry ledge I built around a pillar.

Yes, THE ALBUM. No box, no packaging whatsoever. Just an Amazon shipping label slapped onto the album cover (over the shrink-wrap, of course). Did it come through unscathed? Kind of, sort of but not really. Two corners are pretty much pristine but two have some slight crushing/bending, one more than the other. Did this happen due to the shipping method? Completely unknown.

Does this warrant a return? I don't think so. I'm used to accepting minor flaws like this when buying vinyl. I guess my test is if I were purchasing this at a brick & mortar retailer, would I pay the asking price in this condition. For this album, I'd look for another copy but given that the price was right, the minor flaws as described wouldn't keep me from buying the album so I think this will be a keeper.

Still, this is irritating and I hope this isn't to become the new normal for Amazon. Has anyone else seen this before?

8. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

I say return it, and let them know exactly why. That’s inexcusable.

9. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

I’ve never experienced it, but I’ve read a few times on this forum of Amazon shipments that are just like yours: a shipping label slapped directly on the product, without a standard shipping box or mailer.
    Trying to recall what the item was, perhaps a box set. The shipping department probably didn’t think twice.

I’d call customer service.

10. imajindat

imajindat Forum Resident

I haven't had that happen before, but I often get shipments where the album is placed inside of a big box with maybe 1 sheet of bubble wrap, and it just bounces around in there. Surprisingly a lot of times the album actually survives being shipped like this. But there are times where the album shows up and has bent corners, ripped shrinkwrap, split seams. I would say this happens 1 out of every 10 orders, so its not too bad. And when it does happen, Amazon has easy returns (UPS picks it up) so I usually get a replacement or a refund pretty quick.

11. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Gonna have to find something else for your cousin, Greg! :) Really enjoying this. Kinda reminds me of Ryan Adams at his best...

Only bad thing was it came from Amazon USED, when the order said New. :yikes: Sticker on the (opened) outer bag promised a “limited edition songbook” and “album download” would be included, and neither were. Scuffed, too. :thumbsdow

12. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Forum Resident

No problem! Thanks for getting back to me!

Davidmk5 likes this.
  13. Johnny Wong

Johnny Wong Ya der hey.

All of these came in an opened outer bag. I think only the initial pressings came with songbook. Mine was missing download as well and I picked mine up at my local record store.

Santo10 likes this.
  14. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Really? How bizarre. I’d think if the exterior sticker says stuff would be included ... it would be included. :shrug:

Maybe I’ll have to look at my local shop and see what theirs look like. Thanks for the info!

Santo10 likes this.
  15. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

GetHappy!!, lightbulb, Galley and 2 others like this.
  16. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

17. rararabbits

rararabbits Forum Resident

I ordered the LP by the Everlasting Yeah (ex That Petrol Emotion types) and that's exactly how it showed up, except with all four corners badly bent (vinyl miraculously intact). I complained and got a full refund. I'd suggest doing likewise, whether you can live with the flaws or not; someone will get a bollocking and, hopefully, not do it again.

18. Santo10

Santo10 The Hot Corner

Man, that stinks. I've gotten the wrong record from Amazon a couple of times over the years, but never a used copy. Glad you're enjoying the music, though.

Edit: I see now that it wasn't used. I can't remember if my copy was sealed or not. I've bought too many records since then.

mrjinks likes this.
  19. Radio

Radio Forum Resident

recstar24 and jlf like this.
  20. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Forum Resident

Slapping a shipping label on the actual product is OK for a box of diapers, not for an LP. I'd request a replacement copy.

mrjinks and frogfog like this.
  21. Batman21

Batman21 If you don’t run you rust

22. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Neil Young - the visitor (2lp) $13.
    Including postage to Europe just $ 20. Bargain.

superstar19 and 500Homeruns like this.
  23. fluffskul

fluffskul Would rather be at a concert

thanks for sharing just pre-ordered... vinyl cheaper than CD. odd, but i'll take it!

24. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads up on the Amazon price. Had to order 2 to get free shipping!

Jim

25. JohnBeas

JohnBeas Forum Resident

marka and Shawn like this.