Good Deals on amazon.com

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by D Schnozzman, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dirtymac

dirtymac Forum Resident

Appreciate the heads-up on Celebration Day. :righton:

2. marantzbe

marantzbe Hyperactive!

Now it is up to $31.77

3. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

wow I see there's a"track package" button; Amazon.com packages to europe are tracked now? Excellent new feature:) -

4. ccn103

ccn103 Senior Member

This may need its own thread, but anyone else find that Eileen Jewell LP excessively noisy? Pops and clicks on every track. Guess you get what you pay for!

5. Lethrus

Lethrus Forum Resident

Disappointed to hear it may be noisy. Mine arrived excessively warped and unplayable. The mailer, the cover and the vinyl. For the $3.50 or so I paid, it's not worth mailing back. I am going to give my new Vinyl Flat its first test with this record. For now all I have is the free mp3 download. :(

6. Lethrus

Lethrus Forum Resident

I second that. Many thanks. My $23 copy arrives today!

7. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I've questioned the thinking before of " it's so cheap, I HAVE to buy it." Well, dog crap out in the yard is FREE...why not drag that inside, and play with it ?
    " But you can discover new music...open your mind, broaden your horizons."

Really ? Through the surface noise ? Pops, and clicks, oh my ! :laugh:

$3.50 is a gallon of gas.

8. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Nope, that's a full priced LP that was being discounted because no one was buying it (overstock).

Given the prices of all vinyl these days, there's no excuse for anything but top notch pressings.

9. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

As for Eileen Jewell LP, when I saw the discounted price, I listened to a few samples and liked what I heard, so for $3.50 I gave it a shot, much like I bought $1.99 cutouts at Woolworth's back in the 70's.

I only spot checked it, and I did clean it first, but mine is pretty much dead quiet with a little warpage, nothing that won't play.

10. Mine was on the doorstep an hour ago. :)

11. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

so, are they OK or warped? thanks!

12. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

I got mine today and was surprised the box wasn't sealed. It was just put in a large plastic bag with a piece of scotch tape as the so called "seal". I'm too chicken to look at what sure seems like a return that was re-gifted. The box cover was on upside down as well. I will report back before the end of the day once I get some time & courage.

13. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

bummer! The "Celebration day vinyl" thread reported many dissatisfied customers who sent their warped copies back. Wonder if the low price was a way to get rid of the returns

thank you for your message. I am now tempted to delete the order since it has not shipped yet

14. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

Well, that is cheaper than buying on iTunes.

15. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

Mine were ever-so-slightly warped. The box was sealed with the original sticker, but the front cover had a good sized scratch in it. For 24 bucks, I'm OK with it.

16. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

I did a quick eyeball check. The lps appear fine. No warps or scratches. Weird that it was open, but all seems fine. They won't be returned. I did not play them. (To be honest, I may never play them since I have the bluray)

17. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

I can accept that. An unplayable record, not

hoarder! ;)

Glad your records are fine:)

18. Looks fine on just a visual, haven't spun them yet. Package was whole, no signs of a reshrink. The package was just thrown in a big amazon box though with some bubble packs. No other protection at all, amazon packaging has gone downhill a lot over the past year or so.

19. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Thank you for double checking:)

distance, hot weather, no protection!

:laugh: What a journey for those poor LPs. Btw, I've bought vinyl from Amazon Canada and the packaging was perfect.

20. Mine probably came from Seattle so not too far and I order now so deliveries will be on my days off work. The Mellon Collie box came in a specific mailer so this packaging was disappointing.

21. katstep

katstep Professional Cat Herder

My copy of Celebration Day arrived today. Typical Amazon box set non-packaging--thrown into a big box with utterly no packing protection. Box was still in fine condition, but the delivery person left it sitting in the hot sun for hours. A spot check proved that the first record is pretty warped. I'll check the other 2 and see if they plays through and report back. :(

22. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Interesting, other members around here were throwing fits last week saying Amazon was packing vinyl correctly now.
    :laugh:

23. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Mine was packed fine and I manage to grab it from the postman's hands on my lunch hour.
    Haven't checked for warpage but Amazon will replace it if need be.

I actually recieved 4 other MOFI LP's today and all appear to be ok so the heat hasn't beat me yet!

Spinning "Gasoline Alley" right now but Zep is next.

PH416156 and Davidmk5 like this.
  24. katstep

katstep Professional Cat Herder

My guess is that it has to do which warehouse it was shipped from. I'm amazed that a company this large that specializes in media wouldn't have a uniform shipping policy.

Myke likes this.
  25. sirmikael

sirmikael Forum Resident

I thought we weren't going to talk about this here?

Ok, well...That title is a box set and doesn't fit into their LP mailers. As I'd explained before, there is a way to tell if it's going to be properly packaged, and this title clearly isn't labeled as such. It has nothing to do with warehouses, locations, "hit or miss' or anything else. It's predictable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.