Good Deals on BestBuy.com

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by GentleSenator, Feb 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. floyd

floyd Senior Member

looks like most everything is back up to normal prices. There are a few titles that are a few dollars off but not the deep markdowns like before.

Last night I was able to ge Nirvana's Nevermind for $13.99 it had been that price for a while but was marked "Not available for shipping" but last night that tag was not there so I bought one. I noticed In Utero which had been $13.99 and available to ship was now back up to $28 and "not available for shipping" - this morning they are both $28 & unavailable.

2. Dan

Dan Senior Member

3. fini

fini Forum Resident

4. attym

attym Forum Resident

Now I'm wishing I grabbed After The Gold Rush for $19.99....

All I'm hoping to go back down are Harvest, ATGR and maybe LA Woman.

5. bilgewater

bilgewater Forum Resident

Yeah and the final straw was the boatloads of mispriced "vinyls" that flew out the window due to SH Forum readers.

Just imagine that meeting with the board: "Sir, were you GIVING away those Sundazed reissues?"

6. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

So......I have my NEW "go to" version of Vh1.....my backordered RTI VH1 arrived today, finally....yeah baby!

7. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I feel guilty. ;)

8. bilgewater

bilgewater Forum Resident

I assume it was a loss-leader, inventory-reduction, raise-liquid-capital sale.

Hey they made me a regular visitor to best buy.com for the first time! So as a loss leader, it worked.

9. Thurenity

Thurenity Listening to some tunes

@anyone who bought and received the Coltrane (Impulse) LP, any issues? I cracked mine open and it's 1) warped a bit, which I can live with and 2) lots of crackling on the left channel of Side 1, and not the usual surface noise - almost sounds like a defective pressing to me. It comes and goes but if your pressing is like mine you'll hear it within 2 to 3 minutes and it can be quite annoying at times. And I've already tried two carts with similar results.

It was cheap, but if Side 2 is just as bad I might venture a replacement from Best Buy and I was curious if anyone else had the same issues or not?

10. johnnypaddock

johnnypaddock Senior Member

My copy of the Jamey Johnson LP is warped pretty badly at first site. I don't think I will send it back though... just $5, and the next one would probably be just as bad. Whatcha gonna do! Still, some great deals all around.

11. KeithH

I received In Utero and the Traveling Wilburys box set. That's it for me. This was a lot of fun. :)

12. KeithH

I haven't opened my copy yet. Here's hoping this isn't a common issue and you can get a good replacement copy.

13. buckeye1010

buckeye1010 Zephead Buckeye

Got notice yesterday that my Valleys of Neptune is shipping!

14. RPhelps

RPhelps Forum Resident

Hendrix

me too !

15. Dan

Dan Senior Member

My Hendrix-Neptune arrived!

16. Thurenity

I'm going to call them today. I can definitely live with warps as my carts can usually get through it, but the crackling is nasty. And it's not light surface noise when it happens.

I might also give it a cleaning as well, just to see if that helps. :) 5 bucks is still 5 bucks, if I can't play the LP.

17. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

It sounds like a "no-fill" defect that can happen in pressing and will more often manifest itself in only one channel (it can sound like a scraping or wooshing; distinctly different from surface noise). Sometimes large pressing runs are effected, sometimes only a few.

18. Thurenity

Thanks and I bet that's what it is -- I've heard a lot of surface noise in my time and this sounds distinctly different.

19. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

I just opened my copy of Valleys Of Neptune.... flat, thick, heavy and sounds great.

20. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

As it should be!! Great to hear. I need to open my copy this weekend. Where am I going to put awau all these reords from Best Buy?? I'm going to need a bigger apartment! :)

21. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Fixed. It's what we fantasize about here. :agree:

22. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

If only I could make that happen! Yes, my big fantasy......... :)

23. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I bought the coltrane , mine was a little warped (but plays okay) it has a little surface noise , but not what you are talking about (i know the sound well) overall mine sounded really good ...... so it's not a problme with all of them which i think is the anwer you were looking for .

24. Thurenity

Thanks much. I called them earlier today and I have a replacement LP coming next week. Their process is similar to B&N where they'll email a pre-paid UPS label and I can just pack up the old LP and send it back on their dime, which is cool.

If that one has the same pressing issue, they'll just send me another PPL and refund my money.

25. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Sweet! good luck ! :righton:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.