Good deals, or not?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by -=Rudy=-, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff Thread Starter

When I visited San Francisco in 1998, I noticed a lot of electronics shops. I understand this is common in an area where there is a major shipping port.

I'm curious...the deals there looked OK, but are the goods legit? Are they grey market? Or are they just so plentiful that anyone can get in on the deal?

I'm only asking because I've seen some good deals on eBay, and for whatever reason, I keep thinking that a lot of these are too good to be true...much like those shady little storefronts in SF. Some are--the price looks good, but $30 for shipping? You better freakin' get into your car and drive it to my doorstep for that much. Some of the sellers I've looked at have a lot of good feedback, so that aspect I'm not worried about.

A specific item I've seen is the Pioneer Elite DV-45A. The lowest prices on eBay, after shipping, average about $425, which I could live with. But since Pioneer (and especially the "Elite" brand) are not something you traditionally see in mail order. None of these are being sold as refurbished either.

Am I missing something here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.