Good Deals, Vinyl, Urban Outfitters

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by bilgewater, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. igbee

igbee Forum Resident

I've mentioned this before but any titles you see listed in this thread will be discounted chain wide even if the store does not mark it on the record. I read somewhere on this site that Urban Outfitters has a deal with distributors where they are allowed to return vinyl however I believe many times the distributors will tell them to discount the titles instead.

black sheriff likes this.
  2. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

My store almost never has the clearance stuff/pile , they just started putting $9.99 stickers on the backs of the lp's so you have to dig through them all which is a pain .
    I was in over the weekend & got 2 soundtracks , but nothing all that great .....
    Also amazes me how many lp's they have that are opened , who is gonna pay $32 for an opened lp ?? guessing they are returns ?

3. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Just saw a pile of little box sets;
    MUMFORD AND SONS BABEL THE SINGLES $29.99.

4. Tjazz

Saw Small Faces and Delta Swamp
    http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=28504504&parentid=SALE-MUSIC#/
    http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=28656510&parentid=SALE-MUSIC#/
    for $9.99 last week.

Saw these URBAN OUTFITTER sealed LPs at the local record store today. :winkgrin: (the Urban Outfitters stickers were covered)
    Small Faces $19.99
    Delta Swamp $24.99

a lot of the LPs that are listed online for sale are priced $9.99 at the store (in the SALE section). I didn't check them at the register. But visually saw some in the bins.
    http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urba...E-MUSIC&cm_sp=NAV_HOVER-_-SALE-_-SALE-MUSIC#/

black sheriff and Davidmk5 like this.
  5. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

Thanks for the link. I had some free time today, so I was an annoying customer and asked the cashier to please scan some UPCs to check the price of some of the listed titles. My findings of $10 titles in addition to the titles already listed:
    • March 16-20 1992, Marquee Moon, Crazy Horse, Big Pink MFSL, Destroyer's Rubies, Codeine White Birch, both Big Brother titles, John Wesley Harding
    • A bunch of Yo La Tengo titles
    • A couple of Of Montreal titles
    • All Kiss titles except Destroyer and Revenge
    • GRRRR for $170 and Dylan Mono Box for $129
    Titles on that list that are still full price:
    • All other MFSLs
    • Stooges/Iggy titles
    • Song Remains the Same
    If someone finds in the near future that the Basement Tapes MFSL, Funhouse, or Raw Power are on clearance, please post here. The store I visited had 5 copies of Funhouse, so with the limited shelf space they have, I can't see those staying full-price forever.

black sheriff and GentleSenator like this.
  6. igbee

igbee Forum Resident

Can't believe Big Pink MFSL would be on clearance for $10. My store only has Weezer MFSL and I'd imagine it's full price.

7. igbee

igbee Forum Resident

They love it when you do that! :thumbsup:

8. Tjazz

Nice that you checked the Dylan Mono box set. It had a $179.99 red sticker on it. So I didn't bother mentioning it. But at $129.99, someone might be interested. :laugh:

Maybe the Mumford singles box set is worth price checking at the register too. It had a sticker price of $29.99. (from the $51.99 list) I've seen a lot of these box sets.

9. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Thanks for updating this thread fellas. I've gotta head back over to the mall, probably tomorrow, for a Valentine's present or two for my wife so I'll be able to swing by UO. I'll be using this thread as a checklist.

10. Tjazz

[​IMG]
    LP w/CD

igbee likes this.
  11. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

Hmmm - maybe the ink on their price gun was low and it was $179. I have the box already, so I just glanced at it out of curiosity to see if it was reduced.

12. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

great info, thank you!

13. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I found some great stuff today. All of these were $10 except the Syl Johnson box (1st picture) which was $40.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bryce likes this.
  14. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

a few more.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some other artists I saw with $10 records were
    -Leonard Cohen
    -Clinic
    -Bauhaus

Bryce likes this.
  15. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

16. ukrules

ukrules Forum Resident

Our local UO had three recrods for $10 and nothing to get excited about :( I did pickup Arcade Fire "Funeral" and a resonable regular price though. Don't like to walk away empty handed :)

17. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

The randomness of these sales baffles me!!!

Davidmk5 likes this.
  18. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Thanks and you're welcome.

I think everything that's on sale is in the system but each store appears to physically price at random and at their own pace. The store that I went to today only had one side of a display rack (A-D) priced with orange $9.99 stickers. The others I knew about from this thread. When I mentioned the sale at checkout the girl said "yeah, we did some of those but we still have to price the rest". I had enough records for today but it may be worth another visit in a few days.

19. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Maybe some LPs were opened by curious UO shoppers, wondering what Vinyls look like...?

20. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

:winkgrin::pineapple:

21. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Some are opened to steal the download code/card. I've looked at opened LP's and on some I couldn't see one finger print or smudge.

That too. :laugh:

lightbulb likes this.
  22. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Interesting , people stealing the codes ................. is it not easier (and i don't condone this) to just take it off the web ? :crazy:

23. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Probably, but down here they also steal the CD's from music magazines at Barnes & Noble and the CD's from the cases at the thrift stores. So :shrug:. :)

Sorry for getting off topic.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  24. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

What a sad turn of events...

"Stealing download code cards is Killing the Retail Apparel Industry"

25. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Was that local record store in South Florida?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.