Good Deals, Vinyl, Urban Outfitters

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by bilgewater, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryce

Bryce I drank what?

I got the Syl today myself. Can't believe that deal!

Stullyca and black sheriff like this.
  2. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

I stopped by today to see if they dropped the price for the holiday weekend and if either the Basement Tapes or Iggy titles were reduced - nope.

3. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

When I picked up that last batch of records I gave the cashier my email to send me my receipt. Well, today I got an email from Urban Outfitters for 10% off my next in store or online purchase.

4. listner_matt

listner_matt Still thinks music is an inexhaustible resource

That's a good tip. When I picked up Dr. John's Lockdown and Yo La Tengo's I Am Not Afraid of You.. this week, both for $9.99, I opted for the paper receipt. Next time, I'll go for the email....

black sheriff likes this.
  5. ukrules

ukrules Forum Resident

YLT "I am not afraid..." at that price is an amazing deal. That is a modern LP done well....sounds lovely. A true double LP at almost 80 minutes. Love it better chopped up like that over the CD. Good score!

6. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

I signed up for their Urban On promotion on their website and got a 10% off coupon about a week later.

7. listner_matt

Seriously, this was the best set of new-ish LPs I've gotten in a long while. The YLT has a digital download, but the Dr. John came with its CD included. And the fact that both are darn good (musically) just sweetens the deal.

8. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I was able to make it over to Urban Outfitters again today. This time I used my 10% off coupon so all records pictured were $8.99/each.

Bryce, it looks like all the Eccentric Soul releases are marked down.

I also picked up a copy of the Yo La Tengo record. Thanks guys. :thumbsup:

Here's what I got:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
    johnnypaddock likes this.
  9. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

10. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

11. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Incredible haul!

Wish we had one w that great of sale stock.

All the one's I've checked had mostly smallish clearance/$9.99 sections.

12. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

I stopped by this week and found The Eagles - The Studio Collection 72-79 LP Box Set for $99. One of the guys working at the store said the box set was sitting there untouched for months on the discount table. Maybe people were afraid to buy it as it is box 666/5000. :laugh:

13. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Thanks.

That's why I am posting titles/pictures. This thread can be used for reference when at the store. Everything that I have pictured should ring up $9.99 at your store if it's in stock.

All the $9.99 records that I picked up today weren't priced $9.99 last week, and they were all mixed with regular priced records, but they were probably reduced in the system. I also noticed today that one record would have the orange $9.99 sticker and the same record right next to it would not.

14. listner_matt

If you are in Brooklyn, the UO I bought the two $9.99 LPs was the one on Broadway a block up from Macy's. Not sure if you hit that one in your journey. Whenever I go there the store seems fairly empty, so you never know.

15. Lebowski

Lebowski Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!

Was at the mall-based UO in Burlington, MA today and got Wayne Shorter's Speak No Evil for 9.99. They had 2 copies of it in a small half-price bin along with a pile of indie rockers that I'd mostly never heard of LOL.

16. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I was out on South Beach today so I was able to stop by the Urban Outfitters on Lincoln Road.

This $46.98 Eccentric Soul 4xLP box didn't have a $9.99 sticker but rung up $9.99. The Soul Jazz LP was $9.99 also. I expected the South Beach store to be picked over and it pretty much was.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately, none of the Soul Jazz Reggae titles are ringing up $9.99 at both stores that I've tried. :(

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  17. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

UO on Broadway in Manhattan has a couple of the NEU LPs, Small Faces Immediate LP, Thin Lizzy debut, Yo La Tengo Painful (not the deluxe reissue), Tokyo Police Club and many others at $9.99.

I got Studio One Ironsides and Studio One Sound for $9.99. There was a Studio One bossa nova comp, but it rang in full price.

Thanks everyone for the tips. Scored a number of LPs in NYC and Toronto (no, I did not fly to NYC looking for cheap LPs at UO!).

18. PBo

PBo Forum Resident

I found some good deals at UO today for $9.99:

Eccentric Soul: Twinight's Lunar Rotation box
    Eccentric Soul: A RBG Production
    The Horrors - Luminous (I was excited to find this since I've been debating getting it on vinyl for a while. It was mastered at Sterling and cut at 45 rpm)

They also had the Sundazed reissue of Songs of Love and Hate by Leonard Cohen marked $9.99 too.

I noticed a few copies of Nixon by Lambchop, which I already own, but paid full price for a few months ago.

19. PBo

PBo Forum Resident

Minor correction, this is a 33 rpm not 45 rpm. :)

20. bilgewater

bilgewater Forum Resident Thread Starter

Y'all are damn lucky. My local UO didn't have any of this good stuff. It was either picked over already or never had extra stock of the NUMERO lps or other cool things noted above. I didn't have the chutzpah to take all the LPs I would be interested in buying at $10 to the counter... you know, Lana Del Rey, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Beatles, etc.

21. johnnypaddock

johnnypaddock Senior Member

Wow, that is a steal on that Numero set, I wish I had an Urban Outfitters nearby. Although a trip to Burlington tomorrow wouldn't be out of the question. Hmm.

22. Michael Ries

Michael Ries Forum Resident

23. johnnypaddock

johnnypaddock Senior Member

DAMN. I had Jaylib - Champion Sound and Madlib - Pill Jar in my cart earlier, both $5, and they sold out 10 minutes later.

A few other $5 LP's on the UO site caught my eye. I already had the Dupree album, but picked up both from WITCH.

Dupree - Nuestro Camino - $5
    (B3 organ trio from Texas, recorded live to 2-track tape and cut at Trutone, AAA release)

WITCH - Lukombo Vibes (Now-Again Records reissue) - $5
    WITCH - In The Past (Now-Again Records reissue)

These guys were a mid-70's band from Zambia. Afrobeat/rock/fuzz music, great stuff reissued by one of my favorite labels, Now-Again Records (part of Stones Throw)

24. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

25. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

WITCH - In The Past (Now-Again Records reissue) now sold out! You have good taste my man…all the really desirable titles apparently :righton:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.