DCC Archive good news for foreigner, little feat and the band fans!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Unknown, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickA

RickA Love you forever Luke, we will be together again

Drew,

I'm glad about the Yes reissues, but if you can afford it, the remastered mini-sleeve Japanese HDCD's (phew - all in one breath) are pretty good. And if you have a HDCD decoder you will find them very impresive. By the way, the reissue campaign will continue and include in early 2002 "90125" "Big Generator" and the comp "Yesterdays". I have already put in my order!

Rick A.

2. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Rhino should also reissue the movie of The Last Waltz on DVD.
    It's been out of print on VHS for quite awhile now.

3. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

According to this article in Rolling Stone, Robbie Robertson and Martin Scorcese are working on a new DVD of the film with extra material.

4. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

I know I keep harping on about this, but in the Japanese HDCD series of Yes albums, avoid Fragile and Close to the Edge at all costs - they are way inferior to the regular US remasters. Yessongs, TFTO and Relayer are excellent. I don't know about any others...... forum opinions?

5. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

You know we are all over at stevehoffman.tv as there is a new forum over there? Steve thinks this may die soon.... :(

6. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Yes,Yes EEEEYaaabbadaaabdooo!

7. pauljones

pauljones Forum Chef

I wish we could get Bill Inglot on the forum to discuss his approach to remastering. I have many Rhino reissue Cd's from the late 1980's and early 1990's and the results are extremely variable. For example, the Nazz albums--the first sounds great, the second sounds like it was mastered from vinyl, and the third has "guide vocal" versions from Todd Rundgren where the album vocals were done by Stewkey. Sometimes he reissues in mono, sometimes in stereo, you never know.At least engineers like Larry Walsh, Herb Powers, Tom Coyne, and last but not least, Steve Hoffman have an identifiable standard where you can expect a certain sound or result.

8. Douglas

Douglas New Member

I think Bill Inglot would not be receptive to a forum where people asked him about his work. He would have to answer a lot of questions with "...because it sounded good on my car radio" and "...because we didn't have enough time to find the master" and "...it sounded good to me on my ipod."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.