Good websites to buy tubes...

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Uri Cohen, Nov 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uri Cohen

Uri Cohen Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hi everyone.

So I recently picked up a Woo Audio WA6-SE Headphone Amp, which comes with default 13DE7 Pair matched pair (but they accept variants in the Power/Drive Sockets), and one 5AR4 rectifier tube (and also accepts variants). Tubes are stock from China. So far they sound good, but of course I feel like they are basic stock tubes

So there's ebay, where I picked up five NOS Sylvania 13DE7 tubes from the same original box with its sleeve and a NOS Brimar 5Z4GY from Langrex.

So I was curious what are some really good websites that sells tubes (can be matched and non-matched)? Yes, the NOS Sylvania 13DE7 x 5 aren't match, but they are NOS and they were $20 shipped to me.

Thanks!

2. beavis

beavis Forum Resident

Google Jim McShane and Brent Jessee....extremely helpful and easy to talk to; they are two of the best guys out there for NOS tubes of all sorts.

stay crunchy likes this.
  3. Richard Austen

Richard Austen Forum Resident

I like the tube store as they match tubes and have been easy to deal with. But this is mainly for new tubes - not much on the NOS end - but they have some interesting new tubes like Northern Lights and others - might be worth a look

www.thetubestore.com - Your online source for audio vacuum tubes.

I would avoid wi wi tubes as you are very unlikely to get a real NOS - they silk screen NOS labels onto cheap Chinese tubes so be careful.

4. moops

moops Senior Member

5. dirtymac

dirtymac Forum Resident

6. jupiterboy

jupiterboy Forum Residue

Upscale Audio deserves a mention. Now I see them linked above.

7. Uri Cohen

Uri Cohen Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thank you guys! Any other links feel free to post them! Might as well sticky tube dealers if people ask for them often...

8. jenkovix

jenkovix Forum Resident

my favourite:

tubedepot.com

9. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

I second Brent Jessee for NOS tubes. Been buying tubes from him for years. Always great service, tubes are exactly as described, never had an issue.

(A few years ago he had NOS RCA 6V6 Coke Bottle style tubes. Picked up a pair for my 1967 Fender Deluxe Reverb amp. That amp never sounded so good!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.