Goodbye Rega Brio-R, hullo Sonneteer Campion

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by raferx, Nov 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Art K

Art K Retired but not tired!

When I change from CD to LP I am already up, so reaching a couple of extra feet to switch inputs is no inconvenience for me. I don't do any TV or Video in my 2 channel system that is all in the home theater in the living room. Lots of remotes there.

2. Harvest Your Thoughts

Harvest Your Thoughts Forum Resident

When (or if) I have a separate system for video I'll be on the same page as you.

Art K likes this.
  3. raferx

raferx Forum Resident Thread Starter

It's for sale here.

4. raferx

5. Art K

Frankly I don't like the way the folks who distribute Sonneteer in the US do business. I am hoping that Sonneteer scores a decent distributor here in the states. I know one very good dealer who would like to be their distributor and who wouldn't whore out their products like the current folks. Nothing worse than distributors and dealers who don't respect each others territories. Just my opinion, of course.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  6. Bubbamike

Bubbamike Forum Resident

Art, I can't disagree. The problem is that I don't think they have that many dealers and aren't very well known in the US. I haven't seen any reviews, not only in US magazines but in English ones as well. That makes it a hard sell. I live just outside Seattle and we have no dealer, I assume you have one down is Salem or Eugene. I know Osage sells them but you have to call or Email, they don't have them in their online store.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2013
  7. Art K

We had a dealer when May Audio was the distributor...even with as little interest as they had in the product (or any audio for that matter) they would at least get the product here timely. Sonneteer makes wonderful products that should be better known and Haider is doing a good job recently getting the word out. Now if only a good distribution channel were available so that my dealer, a former Sonneteer dealer, could get a hold of the product and be assured that the distributor isn't undermining dealers. That would be great.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    raferx and Bubbamike like this.
  8. raferx

A dealer on the West Coast, here in Canada, would be brilliant... not sure who would carry them though. I think they would certainly cut into Naim & Sugden's market share here in Vancouver.

9. Remo

Remo New Member

Hi Gene,

With that much output I can see where your friend is coming from, without stepping the output down would have meant most of the time he would be operating at the poorest gang error region of the pot... which affects image balance and stability etc.

Happy New Year too all!

Remo
    Sonneteer

10. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

I can understand the Naim comparison but Sugden doesn't have much of a presence out here, do they?

11. raferx

West Coast Audio out in Surrey and The Sound Room on Broadway spring to mind...

12. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Now that you mention it, I had heard from the distributor that WCA was carrying Sugden.
    Last time I was there (to listen to Harbeth speakers) all he had was Blue Circle.

Been years since I was at the Sound Room, I need to check them out.

13. Arcadia Audio

Arcadia Audio New Member

My apologies for opening an old thread, but I wanted to let you know that I'm now representing Sonneteer in both Canada and the US. Currently there are a couple of active dealers in Canada and I'm starting to actively search for dealers in the U.S.

I also have both an Alabaster and Sedley being reviewed as we speak.

I look forward to having Sonneteer back in Canada and the US!

14. TVC15

TVC15 Forum Resident

So what happened to it? Appears you went back to the Brio-R.

15. Art K

I had spinal surgery in early October and have been off of work since then. I won't return to work until late December. I'm selling my Campion as well as my LM CD player and some other pieces as I consolidate my HT and 2 channel systems.

16. Erocka2000

Erocka2000 Forum Resident

Hey Art, sorry to hear that you're having to get rid of some pieces. I can understand getting rid of the amp, but why get rid of the LM515? You do still need a CD player, right?

17. Art K

The 515 has the most value and therefore must go. I have my Luxman CD player and I borrowed my wife's Marantz. I can sell the LM and buy a Marantz for my newly consolidated system and have money left over to pay bills.

18. Erocka2000

Erocka2000 Forum Resident

But if the LM is the best one you have, why not sell the Luxman and the Marantz and just keep the LM? Not trying to be difficult, I would just think I'd want to keep the best CD player I had, knowing I wouldn't ever get the urge to upgrade later on. And didn't you not like the Marantz the last time you had one, hence the Luxman?

19. jupiterboy

jupiterboy Forum Residue

He needs money.

Art K likes this.
  20. Art K

Bingo. The current Marantz belongs to my wife anyway. I am now running the Harbeth's through my AVR, a Marantz will do. It's just audio...I can adapt to a lesser sound fairly quickly. I still have my music and that is what matters. Also being a CD player I am certain that it won't last forever...none of them do.

octaneTom likes this.
  21. jupiterboy

jupiterboy Forum Residue

Good luck with the recovery.

Rolltide likes this.
  22. Art K

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.