Gorillaz - Demon Days 2017 Vinyl Reissue (from Vinyl Me Please)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Amnesiac, Mar 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Forum Resident Thread Starter

The popular Gorillaz album Demon Days is finally getting its long awaited reissue via Vinyl Me Please.

Gorillaz 'Demon Days' — Vinyl Me, Please

Features:
    • 2LP, Translucent Red Vinyl
    • Gatefold Jacket
    • Exclusive Gorillaz character sticker pack
    • Half Speed Remastered at Alchemy (UK)
    • 12x12 Art Print by Ariel Roman
    According to the people at VMP, this is going to be the only reissue of this album for a while. They also said they expect to sell out. That could be all marketing talk, however.

You can sign up for one month ($29) if you just want this record, but be sure to cancel in order to not be charged for the following month if you don't want to continue.

2. Although vinyl junkies with catholic tastes and appropriate discretionary income should sign up for at least a three-month run. VMP are the real deal when it comes to quality and I've generally been pleased with their selections. And this is a good one IMHO.

3. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

wow, i had no idea the original vinyl goes for hundreds of dollars these days.
    Demon days indeed!

Marc Perman likes this.
  4. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Forum Resident

Wow, i will get this!! New album coming soon too!

5. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Hopefully, it's just that. It makes little sense that the other two albums are in print and this one is not.

6. Beaker73

Beaker73 Forum Resident

wouldn't surprise me if in a couple of months there will a general reissue of this. With s/t being repressed last year and a new album coming out and all. The exclusive Beck release of Odelay turned out to be not so exclusive in the end, except for the coloured vinyl. Here's hoping....

7. morwells

morwells Forum Resident

Yeah the one month plan has sold out unfortunately but you can still sign up for the 3 month or year plan. If it helps, they have also hinted that next month's album is going to be another big release. Who knows? Their store prices are great as well

Anyway heres a referral code for anyone who wants and it gets you and me both 10 dollars credit.

http://fbuy.me/eUWE2

8. profholt82

profholt82 Resident Blowhard

That was a killer album. It got plenty of heavy play from me back in the day.

9. phish

phish Jack Your Body

Ugh. Want this, don't want to join a record club.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  10. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

you can join for one month only :)

11. imthewalrus79

imthewalrus79 Forum Resident

The site says they're currently full and not accepting any new memberships.

It's obviously a great coup for Vinyl Me Please. But, given that the album is considered the best Gorillaz album, I have a feeling the demand is going to be there that there will be a general re-release after April.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  12. spintheblack72

spintheblack72 Forum Resident

I had the original myself but money was needed and it had to go due to what price it was fetching.

I'll definitely buy it again if it gets re released properly. I did purchase the Herbalizer back cat through Ninja Tunes in a similar scheme although this Demon Days release is clearly going to pick far more mainstream demand hence why it's already sold out.

As some have said the demand for this with the new album due to drop I'd be very surprised this doesn't get a proper wide release. It would be very silly to make what is regarded as their best album not available on a format widely when vinyl has gone under such a renaissance.

I have both the debut and Plastic Beach and will be purchasing the new album. It's cheaper through Amazon than the website so I pre ordered it there.

e.s. likes this.
  13. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Hoping to find a copy of this for list price somewhere at some point. Really curious of how this new press sounds.

14. Mr.Sneis

Mr.Sneis Forum Resident

This one is super sold out already :( if anyone can help me out let me know!

15. theclipper

theclipper Forum Resident

I just got an email from VMP this AM, looks like they've opened up more spots for Gorillaz. Just signed up.

16. phish

phish Jack Your Body

It's sold out again apparently.

17. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

Damn, this one is an awesome record.

18. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

wow!

19. I'll consider selling my copy for the reasonable price of oh, say, $250. :)

20. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

ok

21. Vinyl Addict

:laughup:

GentleSenator likes this.
  22. Vinyl Addict

Any reviews yet?
    I read that the songs don't fade into one another like the original does. Is this true?

23. Phaneronic

Phaneronic Forum Resident

Yes, this is true. however, this appears to be the case on streaming platforms and was approved by the band, thus not VMP's decision/oversight.

Bass is excellent. Tight, tuneful, snappy. Everything's very dynamic, soundstage is good. The biggest problems with sound so far is that it's been cut quite hot and tends to distort on vocal. Also can skip easily, but this might be to lower-end turntables; I've seen a lot of these things on AT-LP 60s…

24. Vinyl Addict

The original is a tad bass heavy, at least on my setup. I always find myself reaching to turn down the bass a bit. That's the case with all the Gorillaz LPs on my system. ( S/T, DD, Singles Collection, Plastic Beach)
    Thanks for the review, It looks like about 50/50 or so as far as positive reviews go, and I would assume several of the good ones may be people in denial. (Just always wanted it on vinyl so of course it sounds great) Lots of skips and sibilance it seems.
    Think I'm gonna stick the original for now.

25. Mr.Sneis

Mr.Sneis Forum Resident

You know you "made it" when you own an OG copy of demon days! Obviously I'm still in the rat race.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.