Got a good deal on used DCC Cars (Greatist Hits)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by David Powell, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Powell

David Powell Well-Known Member Thread Starter

While at the Tower store in Atlanta yesterday, I noticed they had a used copy of the DCC gold "Cars' Greatist Hits" in the glass display case where they keep the collectible stuff. Since this is one of Steve's titles I didn't already have, I asked the manager if I could check it out. They had it priced at $30 -- the outer slip cover, jewell lift case & booklet were in like-new condition but there was a small scratch on the disc itself. I told the manager that I had to pass at that price and he agreed that it shouldn't be priced that high with the scratch. He then told me that he'd let me have it for $10 and that if I encountered any problem I could bring it back for refund. Told him it's a deal and he slapped a $9.99 price tag on it.

Fortunately I encountered no problems when I played the disc on my home system. This is another one of Steve's wonderful masterings and I realized that I'd forgotten just how many of those songs were among my favorites of that era:thumbsup:

2. reidc

reidc Senior Member

Hey Dave- Nice price!!!

I got mine used but spotless except it appears to be a cutout(had a slice acroos the rear barcode of the slipcase) at a chain up in the Northeast called Newbury Comics. I paid $15 a little more than a year ago.

Great sounding piece.

Chris

3. Jeff H.

Jeff H. Senior Member

This is a great disc. One of the last DCC titles I was able to find out there. The tracks from "Heartbeat City" especially sound better on the gold disc compared to the original CD of that album, where they sounded rather harsh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.