Got HRT Linestreamer today.....question

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by wownflutter, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wownflutter

wownflutter Nocturnal Member Thread Starter

I got a new HRT Linestreamer today. I have it hook up though my tape monitor on my Audio Refinement integrated amp.
    I've read how some people have had issues with the record level being too high. I have just the opposite problem. The level meters in vinyl studio barely register. Even if I switch over to record off cd, its not much higher.
    My Bellari phono preamp has level adjustment, but even turning it up somewhat doesn't do much good.
    Any suggestions?
    Am I losing resolution if I record at such a low level and then raising it later in software?
    What do you think about using a Total Bithead headphone amp in between the preamp and the linestreamer to boost the volume?

2. hesson11

hesson11 Forum Resident

I know this may sound condescending, but just to ask the obvious, you have tried adjusting the level in VinylStudio, right? In the lower right-hand corner of the main window, and also in the "Check Level" window, there is a slider to control the input volume level. Just thought it was worth mentioning, just in case.
    -Bob

3. wownflutter

With the HRT, it disables that control. It's pegged at 100%

4. hesson11

hesson11 Forum Resident

Wow, didn't know that. Have you tried the AlpineSoft forums? The developer is very helpful and sometimes I swear he spends 24 hours a day just waiting to answer users' questions. In any case, best of luck!
    -Bob

http://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/forum/

5. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

no.

What happens if you skip the bellari and hook the turntable directly into the HRT? You can apply the RIAA curve later with software.

6. wownflutter

Now it seems that I can get any volume at all on my recordings. I've checked cables, software etc. No luck at all.
    I'm pretty sure the HRT is defective. It's getting sent back

7. davidross

davidross New Member

Wownflutter, did you ever resolve this? I'm having the same problem (the LS+ provides no input level but otherwise seems to be functioning normally) on a Win 10 machine though the device is fine on another machine under Win 7.

8. wownflutter

I talked with HRT and I found out that my unit was still under warranty. I sent it back and received a new one. The new one works like a charm.
    Any volume adjustment is now easily taken care of by the adjustment on the phono preamp.
    I actually bought the unit used, but they said since it was never registered, the warrant would start from the time I registered it.

9. davidross

davidross New Member

Ah, ok. I thought perhaps a problem was identified and corrected. My experience with the LS+ seems really odd. The unit continues to work perfectly well when connected to a Win 7 machine but doesn't seem to deliver an input signal while performing perfectly normally otherwise on a Win 10 machine. At any rate, I'm glad your problem was solved.

10. wownflutter

Sound like that would be a different kind of problem. Some sort of compatability issue with 10. That would be over my head. Maybe give them a call. I was able to talk with a technician that help me work through the issue.

11. davidross

davidross New Member

Yes, I've already contacted them. They're working on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.