Got myself a spin clean!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Gibson67, Jul 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

The 8 oz is a large one. Has a big cap and the label says to use one cap. Maybe they've made the 8 oz bottle with two different cap sizes, though?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  2. coltlacey1

coltlacey1 Forum Resident

really? I think mine came with a 24oz....

3. coltlacey1

I take it back it was a 32oz

4. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

It's actually a 4-ounce bottle. They sell a standard version that just includes the 4-ounce bottle, and a deluxe version that includes more cloths, extra pads, and an additional 32-ounce bottle (that's the one I bought).

EDIT: The 4-ounce bottle comes with the basic kit, but they DO sell 8-ounce, 16-ounce, and 32-ounce bottles separately. I didn't realize they had 8-ounce and 16-ounce bottles available.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    mikeyt and coltlacey1 like this.
  5. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Omg, that's right. It did ship with a 4 oz bottle, and I did have to use 3 caps with that bottle. I had completely forgotten that the 8 oz replacement bottle was bigger than the first bottle. Sorry for any confusion!

That means I've cleaned over 1,000 LPs with just under 12 ozs of fluid.

That's pretty damn good!

coltlacey1 likes this.
  6. coltlacey1

hahaha heck yeah

7. BKphoto

BKphoto JazzAllDay

i've found out that a "rinse only" should be part of the process....i have a set of brushes for cleaning, rinse out the unit, swap brushes, fill with distilled water only and hit them all again...

8. daytona600

daytona600 Forum Resident

used a spin clean for ages myself two in fact One as a prewash with the disc doctor quickwash & one as a rinse with distilled water
    still use one as a pre-wash for for dirty records then into the loricraft for a 2nd clean

coltlacey1 likes this.
  9. via_atx

via_atx Forum Resident

Just picked up one of these, too. I've yet to use it, but thought I'd chime in drying methods. I usually put my washed records in a basic, plastic-coated metal drying rack. The records remain pretty up right, and there's minimal contact with the rack itself. I use a hair dryer on a non-heat setting to help dry. I'll lay the hair dryer on its side on a cabinet pointing at the records. Then I'll use a lint-free cloth to gently dry the record with the air blowing on it. The drying process is super fast.

10. GKH

GKH Senior Member

When I got back into vinyl about 4 years ago, I bought a Spin Clean. I use it on all my new vinyl before they are ever played, and all pre-owned vinyl that I buy. I use distilled water, & dry lightly with a large waffle weave micro fiber cloth. Then; I allow the record to air dry for a couple of minutes while resting on a Jagermeister shot glass. Then; my records, new or pre-owned go into MOFI inner sleeves.
    When it's time to play any record, after putting the record on the platter, & turning on the PolyTable, I do a quick once over with carbon fiber brush. At this time, I also brush the stylus (lightly brushing toward me) using a LAST stylus brush after releasing the tonearm from it's rest so it's floating between the rest and platter. I learned that from George Merrill - the guy that designed & built my PolyTable. He told me that as long as the arm is released from it's rest, you won't damage the stylus. My procedure is simple, & works for me. Everyone has their own method.
    Oh! About once a week, I clean my stylus with my Zerodust. :)

11. Gasman1003

Gasman1003 Forum Diplomat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.