Gotham-Batman Prequel Series on Fox, Fall 2014

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Encuentro, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

I actually know him from the 80's tv show The Equalizer as Jimmy ! anyway I am enjoying the show !

2. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Last week ep he is the Joker they would not focus a bunch promos highlighting
    That character in the ep. Red hood rather boring,
    Next weeks will be better.

3. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Damn good episode. Gotham is one of the rare shows that's really grown on me over the past few weeks, and even though the individual elements are bizarre and don't seem to fit together, the sum total is really good. Actually one of the few shows I look forward to watching each week. And it also doesn't seem to be padded out with a lot of time-wasting fodder.

musicalbeds likes this.
  4. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

That episode was bananas!

musicalbeds and Vidiot like this.
  5. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Think were down to 4 episodes for the season.

musicalbeds likes this.
  6. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

It says here, we have a long wait for the last three episodes....

S1, Ep18
    2 Mar. 2015
    Everyone Has a Cobblepot
    While Gordon seeks information about the recent controversy with Commissioner Loeb, Fish's allegiance with the prisoners is questioned when she appears to join forces with Dr. Dulmacher. Meanwhile, after an attack close to home, Bruce deals with the aftermath.
    On TV
    Airs Mon. Mar. 02, 8:00 PM on Fox
    [​IMG]
    S1, Ep19

9 Mar. 2015
    Episode #1.19
    Add a Plot
    [​IMG]
    S1, Ep20

4 May 2015
    Episode #1.20
    Add a Plot
    [​IMG]
    S1, Ep21

6 May 2015
    Episode #1.21
    Add a Plot
    [​IMG]
    S1, Ep22

13 May 2015
    Episode #1.22
    Add a Plot

7. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Sad we have to wait for future episodes.

Must be because of the Following coming back.

musicalbeds likes this.
  8. ascot

ascot Senior Member

I loved last night's episode. Penguin's last scene made me laugh out loud. I am happy for Gordon. It's a nice way to end until the next set of shows. This episode really shows the dark, disturbing, and psychotic world of Gotham.

musicalbeds and kevywevy like this.
  9. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

It probably has more to do with Gotham being popular and the network wanting to make sure that they have some episodes to air during May sweeps.

10. Mirrorblade.1

It's bunch B.S fox doing this.
    That god awful Sleepy Hollow that needs to go.
    They can show reruns of Gotham no?

Vidiot likes this.
  11. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Sleepy Hollow has already concluded this season, so it has ZERO impact on this.

12. ChadHahn

ChadHahn Forum Resident

Just this episode I was wondering about the Penguin and how he was supposed to become a villain when all I was seeing was the rather ineffectual person who can't even run a bar. Then bam there is was.

Chad

13. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

A one eyed Fish!!! I did not see that coming. I thought she was going to lose both eyes to the doctor. Talk about guts. I also liked the way they are continuing the Bruce versus the company thread.

I will watched the most recent episode tonight.

14. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I just don't get why Fish is still alive. Why does the Dr. need a liaison? Just up the number of henchmen, taser anyone that gives you grief, and just keep harvesting what you need.

It's really, really dumb.

Other than that, I like everything else going on right now (Bruce/Alfred, Gordon/Loeb, Nygma/rejection, Penguin/anything).

15. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

This has slowly become my favorite show (when Doctor Who is not airing, that is).

Very well handled, and I love the level of total corruption throughout all of Gotham.

16. Mirrorblade.1

Colm Feore is the Best.

17. Andy Lee

Andy Lee Active Member

They seemed to be showing them in the UK pretty much as you saw them, then the series stopped at the point when Gordon was transferred to Arkham - round about Christmas, so we;re way behind. I hear it's coming back soon, though,

18. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

I saw him do King Lear at the Stratford Festival in Ontario Canada last summer. He is a pretty amazing actor.

kevywevy and musicalbeds like this.
  19. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

Gordon has to be the dumbest policeman (heck person) in the world. He keeps getting boxed in untenable positions and manages the flimsiest escapes.

Fortunately, the program is so well executed that it is relatively easy to overlook these (and other) "miraculous" :winkgrin: scenes.

20. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Some major spoiler news released earlier today, it's too bad because I like that character.

musicalbeds likes this.
  21. musicalbeds

Yep, I caught that too. The news of the character leaving does present something of a spoiler.... and it will be hard not to hear it before the season ends.

22. musicalbeds

I think breaking the news was rude to the fans.... it could have waited until after the season.

wayneklein and Deuce66 like this.
  23. balzac

balzac Senior Member

While the news was/is probably a spoiler, I think it still equally likely that the character just disappears versus getting killed off.

It was kind of a weird spoiler to randomly mention in an interview though. I only read a few quotes in an article, but it seemed like it came across as a "I signed on for one year and that's all I'm doing" sort of attitude.

Vidiot and musicalbeds like this.
  24. SleepyHollow godawful? Not in a million years.

25. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I got the feeling that the actor leaving the show may have gambled for a raise, not gotten it, and responded by leaving -- which is within their rights. We don't know if the character lives or dies, but they won't be in the show next year.

Spoiler: Gotham Character Departing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.