Gotham-Batman Prequel Series on Fox, Fall 2014

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Encuentro, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I tries SH. Sort of liked it then hated it and dumped Sleepy Hollow after the first season .

2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I wondered why they couldn't just gas everybody down in the basement, knock them all out, then when they wake up they're all chained to the walls without any ability to revolt or riot or anything. Once they're incapacitated, keep them sedated or in small groups, and take them away one at a time when needed. But if they move logically, then there's no reason for them to have a leader or for the plot to advance as it has.

Naaa, she's got two eyes... but different colors.

wayneklein and robertawillisjr like this.
  3. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

Not that I dislike the character, but that's one of the characters I could live without. No issues here.

Vidiot and Shawn like this.
  4. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

musicalbeds likes this.
  5. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

^ This year I stopped watching broadcast shows until the season is over and they show up available for streaming. The old broadcast model is just an exercise in frustration at this point.

6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

That's a really, really tough hurdle for the networks to get over: the fact that Netflix and Amazon make every season's episode available at one time. That's a huge game-changer in terms of how viewers want to watch television. Having very little censorship and zero commercial breaks helps as well.

Hawklord and musicalbeds like this.
  7. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

I was dismayed to see the big break, and lamented it hurting the momentum, which they'd already done with another break earlier... the Flash did it a little better, so I'm now enjoying it more.

8. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

I liked the scene with Penguin was walking down the street
    same as Bruce. And got funny feeling walking past Bruce, at the gun store.:righton:

Jim in Houston likes this.
  9. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

One of my weekly shows, the Following too.

10. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

yeah but eventually they will have to have ads!

11. progrocker71

Netflix and Amazon are subscription based (like HBO, Showtime, etc), so they don't have to employ a typical advertising model.

robertawillisjr and musicalbeds like this.
  12. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Indeed, they don't even report ratings figures or profits, not even to the actors (at least Netflix doesn't, not sure about the others). Now that's an atypical TV business model!

13. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Only 3 episodes left.

Favorite new show of the year..

Wonder why Penguin is so interested in little bar.

14. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Totally forgot it was back thanks to the stupid hiatus. Caught up with it last night - really good episode!

musicalbeds likes this.
  15. xdawg

I think he mentioned at the end that it's part of a plot to get rid of Falcone

musicalbeds likes this.
  16. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Not if the viewers are paying for the privilege. Netflix seems to be doing OK. I think the production values in Daredevil are not that far off from those in Gotham.

17. progrocker71

The Netflix Marvel series have almost $4 million per episode to play with. ($50 million, divided by 13 episodes = $3.85 million per).

18. Hawklord

Hawklord Senior Member

19. ChadHahn

ChadHahn Forum Resident

A good reason to DVR programs. I thought the show was over for the season and was pleasantly surprised to see a new episode.

Chad

Vidiot likes this.
  20. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I have to admit: half the crap on TV I would miss if I didn't have a DVR keeping track of when it's on, when it's not on, when it gets preempted, and when it gets moved.

Coricama and ChadHahn like this.
  21. Another reason to skip the networks. Keep the shows running And repeat them several times per week.

22. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

Interesting episode... another side of Barbara, this might prove entertaining.

Jim in Houston likes this.
  23. xdawg

Yes, my wife is finally getting into this. She likes the mystery aspect of "The Ogre" story arc. It was intriguing seeing the look on her face when she saw the tortutre room I'm also happy to see Ed finally start on his path of crime.

24. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Very solid episode this week.

Can't wait for next 2....

25. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

I'm guessing that Gordon's doctor friend does not survive the Ogre. It's a shame, because Barbara is a head case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.