Gotham-Batman Prequel Series on Fox, Fall 2014

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Encuentro, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

"Make Gotham Safe Again!" Black is the new orange. I love it.

I have been intrigued with the Bruce clone since the last minute of last season, and I think this is a neat subplot. I happen to like David Mazouz and his acting as Bruce(s).

You know it's funny, I live right by a county park in Geauga County, and the furniture there has etched into it "GPD" (for Geauga Park District). I always see that as "Gotham Police Department" for some reason!

2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

The episode delivered what I expected. Maybe we saw different things.

3. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

Really great episode tonight. I thought the story was tight with no side trips with young Bruce (don't even think he appeared in the episode)
    Just a taut game of cat and mouse between Gordon and The Mad Hatter. Who I wasn't a fan of to begin with. But, has turned out to be a real
    evil SOB. As they are in the comics, the Alice In Wonderland references can be kind of corny. Although they fit in the wackiness that is Gotham.

It will be interesting to see how Penguin and Ed's relationship plays out.

4. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Great episode tonight. Reminded me of Dirty Harry.

5. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Still watching, but finding
    S03 a bit meh .

6. Lonson

I'm really digging it! I find the focus on Gordon as a loner and after Lee and now finding he needs to return to GCPD is an interesting one. And I love seeing how the villains are evolving and jumping over the edge. The Penguin/Trump bit is nice too. A strong season for me.

7. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

My only concern is that Captain Barnes is turning into The Thing. Either that or Vic Mackey. . .

David Campbell likes this.
  8. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Yeah , I wonder what will happen to barnes.. Bane?

9. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Maybe Solomon Grundy!?

ArpMoog likes this.
  10. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

I'm still liking the series, but more and more find that I don't like the bits that focus on these "supernatural" powers that some of these villains have. While it may fit in with the comics or whatever it just seems to me that they have great characters (and actors!) in people like Penguin, Nygma etc that they shouldn't have to resort to these gimmicky things that they can use to get anyone out of any situation, or tease that Bruce does this or that but maybe it isn't Bruce - that seems like season 7 or 8 stuff when you've run out of better character development.

11. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Here's random thought what if the Bruce clone , Becomes Bruce Wayne
    After the real Bruce Wayne gets killed..
    Yes I watched too many Soap Opera's over many years..

12. Except for the fact that no one ever seems to remain dead (!) I continue to enjoy this show, and this season in particular. Really looking forward to next week's finale.

13. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

The show's a lot of fun! My single gripe against it is that David Mazouz's the worst actor on the show. Watching his wooden performance makes me think he'll grow up to be Adam West/Batman!;)

Coricama, Shawn and kevywevy like this.
  14. I agree completely. It was hard to tell the bad Bruce from the good one because they were exactly the same - wooden. The young woman that plays Selena acts rings around him every week.

Shawn likes this.
  15. Lonson

I don't know. . . somehow the young Bruce seems to be acting appropriately to me. .. his acting is not more "wooden" to me than the acting of "Jim Gordon". . .it's that pulp noir macho "driven" shtick that fits each character well in this over the top comic book world.

I really thought this was a good season and a great season finale. And Morena Baccarin makes an excellent villainess. . .and could definitely play Morticia Adams!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

16. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Man, that season finale really accomplished quite a bit. "Moving forward," indeed! Can't wait for Fall.

Alexander Siddig as Ra's was a bit of a casting disappointment. I can't see him as anyone but Dr. Bashir from Deep Space Nine, so it takes a lot of the gravitas away from the character for me.

Coricama and davidb1 like this.
  17. Lonson

I haven't seen Deep Space Nine . . . I remember him from DaVinci's Demons. Too bad they couldn't use the same actor as on the CW show.

18. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

That was an awesome ending.

Morena never looked better!!!! Love the dark Lee...

Coricama, Veltri and ascot like this.
  19. ascot

ascot Senior Member

Goth Lee. :)

20. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

He's definitely the weak link. They're going to need to put him steroids between seasons if him destroying criminals is ever going to be believable.
    Great season though, the 2 hour finale was a rocket ride!

21. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

Yes, the virus definitely agreed with her! :righton:

22. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

Looks like Butch is going to become Solomon Grundy.

23. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

At least they didn't whitewash the character. Casting an Arab actor to play an Arab character is a new concept in Hollywood.

xdawg likes this.
  24. Giant Hogweed

Giant Hogweed Senior Member

Season three hasn't been on TV in the UK yet but its just come onto Netflix so just watched the first episode. It is ridiculous but it is hugely enjoyable. Most of the acting is quite OTT

25. Lonson

It sure is. But it works somehow. I really enjoy this show, and this was a good season; I receive the Blu-ray set and will re-watch it soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.