Grado dealer in Wash. DC area

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by dcooper, Mar 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcooper

dcooper New Member Thread Starter

Can someone in the DC area point me in the direction of a Grado dealer in the metro area. I sent an e-mail to the website, and the response back was "a dealer will contact you shortly." That was 3 weeks ago. I'd love to try out 225s before I buy them since I've read many comments that they may be uncomfortable.

FYI - I called Myer Emco, but they only carry Sennheiser.

Any ideas?

p.s. No need to respond during the Maryland game. Go Terps!!!

2. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

Dan:
    Not sure but try Sound Works in Kensington at 301-929-8600. Ray there is a good guy.
    If they can't help you there's a guy in Columbia who may be able to.
    Go Terps!
    Best-
    Norm

3. teaser5

This is the guy in Columbia. I'm not sure if he can help you or not but it's a pretty cool place to visit. You know that Red Trumpet is only about an hour and fifteen minutes or so from you.
    Good luck!
    Cheers-
    Norm

4. dcooper

dcooper New Member Thread Starter

Thanks for the info, Norm, and I'm sorry about the Terps. We'll get 'em next year.

5. teaser5

Hope so. They're a young team and really got out played today and yet they still had a chace at the buzzer. Can you imagine how strong Syracuse would be if Carmelo was still there?

Back to music: Sound Works is a wonderful store. My buddy who used to work there sells high end audio in Norfolk VA now. If he has what you are looking for it could be worth a road trip. Also consider Red Trumpet. I don't know where in the DC area your are but York PA isn't that far up the road. The place I linked in Columbia MD is nice too. Some cool Jolida stuff there. Road Trip anyone?
    :edthumbs:

Cheers-
    Norm

6. Don Williamson

Don Williamson New Member

Audio-Video Solutions in Laurel, Maryland carries Grado headphones. I got my SR125's there. They had the SR60's up through the 225's. They do have a set up that allows you to compare the different models. I suppose they could order the Grado models above the 225's. It shouldn't take long for the phones to ship.

7. electrode10101

electrode10101 Forum Resident

Go see my friend Brett Mullins, owner of Sound Images, Rt 50, Falls Church. Sells Grado, and lots of other great Audio and Video. Brett's also a stand-up guy.

703-534-3780

John Diamantis

8. teaser5

Hey! That's near where I work. I've never been there before either. I may have to check that place out. There's a place in McLean VA called Deja Vu that sells high end stuff also.
    Cheers-
    Norm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.