Grail DSOTM w/OBI

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by PaulT, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum Thread Starter

2. TheHypnoToad

TheHypnoToad Senior Member

Oh this ought to be fun to watch since I won't be able to afford it. :D

3. PaulT

I bought a 'Grail' a month ago on eBay for around 95USD. No OBI but I have one from a TO disc.

4. hushypushy

hushypushy Active Member

Wow, I wonder what this is gonna go for.

On a side note, I just noticed that the translated title of this album is 狂気 (kyouki), which literally means madness, insanity, or lunacy. Interesting. I wish I had more obi's; I find them fascinating. Unfortunately they are usually way expensive :realmad:

5. PaulT

Good luck bidding on this one Matt :thumbsup:

6. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

I'm fairly sure there is an "unwritten law" about posting items on ebay which don't have a buy it now price, simply because there may have been a number of watchers from the forum, but now that it is "out there"..I guess the price will reflect the added interest, which is a pity, as this may have found a home for a "reasonable" price.

7. Bertly

Bertly Senior Member

We've gone over this before. Unfortunately, those whose opinions count most don't agree. And so this continues to happen periodically.

8. Fit_like_min?

Fit_like_min? Forum Resident

9. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

Count me as someone who was pissed to find it posted here, for all to see and bid on.... I was hoping for a good deal on it, and that won't happen now.

10. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

:agree: ...and it will continue because there is no rule against it. Now if something does get put into the forum rules then there will be a reason for discussion.

11. PaulT

Sorry guys - didn't know about this "unwritten" rule nor have I seen previous discussions about it. I search CP35, CP32 and multiple others daily on eBay and I'm sure most others here do the same.

12. aceman400

aceman400 Power to the Metal

I'd bet there are 50 people on this forum that do the same searches you mention or receive email from Ebay of these items when they are listed. Unless something is listed very poorly, multiple people are going to find it and the price will still be up there. if someone is looking for a bargain, you'd be better off searching sites that have less traffic.

13. eelkiller

:righton: I bet there are "just a few" people who are not members or lurkers that do the same searches.

14. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

honesetly I don' think it will effect the price posting it here because most everyone looking for this will find it on there themselves. Plus there is only so much people are willing to pay for anything. Even if only two people bid who really wanted this the price could end up being the same as if 10 bid on it.

my two cents.

15. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

what I meant Paul was-you should have PM'd me the details in the first instance ;):laugh:

16. PaulT

OK Darren, next time. Would that make 3 or 4 of them you have then :shh: :laugh:

17. Jay Casey

Jay Casey New Member

Can we all get an unwritten copy of these unwritten rules?? I did a search for them, but nothing came up.

18. RadioClash

RadioClash Senior Member

Hoping for a good deal on it? Yeah, right. Makes no difference whether it was posted here or not. :rolleyes:

19. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

for all to see and bid on
    That sounds like e-bay.

20. Jay F

Jay F New Member

Which in this case would be...?

21. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

one previous one, though nothing seems to have been agreed-even here, a while back, it was seen as an "unwritten law" so I can only assume is isn't in place. This one seems to keep cropping up periodically.

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=88078&highlight=posting+BIN

22. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

It makes no difference? The extra exposure doesn't mean a thing? The people who are too lazy to search for it, but still want it... they won't suddenly bid despite having it placed in their lap?

I guess all those people spending money on advertising must not be as smart as you.

It's too bad you can't tell them that without.... advertising it. ;)

23. aceman400

aceman400 Power to the Metal

Various Japan sites or elsewhere, I found a Wings Greatest black triangle for $8 from a South African seller. It's rare that you can get a $150 CD for cheap on ebay. It takes effort, luck, and patience.

24. JayB

JayB Senior Member

No offense, but I would have been shocked if this slipped by..

25. eelkiller

"PINK FLOYD Japan CD Dark Side W/3500 Obi - NON TO- RARE"

The seller forgot to put the Matrix number in the title, it may have slipped past people :shh:

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.