Grail DSOTM w/OBI

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by PaulT, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

I said nothing about it slipping by, just that I was hoping for a good deal on it... and that's impossible with this much exposure.

2. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Martrix on inner ring is CP35-3017 51A2

3. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

Watching forum members bidding against each other is pretty ugly :shake:.
    Good luck guys and may the highest bidder win (D'oh, they always do don't they:D )

4. Raxel

Raxel Senior Member

I was told early pressing of this cd doesn't come with OBI, only later pressings (such as this 51A2) come with OBI.

can someone confirm this?

5. Curiosity

Curiosity Just A Boy

If we all accept the idea that everybody interested looking for a particular title does in fact do this themselves, then you might ask the question "why put a link here?".
    What does it achieve?
    If you think somebody here might be interested, you could PM which avoids any possible advertising.
    Just my 0.02 CDN

6. Jay Casey

Jay Casey New Member

While I have no intention of bidding on this title, I do enjoy looking at these "holy grail" listings just to see how much they end up going for. Similar to watching the Barrett-Jackson auctions.

7. fumi

fumi Forum Resident

US $511.00

That's some serious coin for a (fairly) common disc.

But I know what it's like - when you really want something, you'll pay whatever it takes.
    In any case, a disc like that is a good investment.

8. 926am

926am Senior Member

$511.

9. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

Blimey that was a lot of fun to watch! I had a etter time watching this than the Super Bowl! That last second $500 bid really got me howlin'!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I hope someone here got it!

But I tell you, that's a lot of money for one CD! :agree:

Thanks for the ride folks! :wave:

10. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

Oh man I hope someone here didn't get it. That is way too much for that. :confused:

well unless an obi is worth $361

11. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

I know what you mean, but I'm sure that whoever flashed five hundred big ones on that one really wanted it. I'm just saying that whoever did get it, I truly hope they enjoy it, a lot...

Also remember that two bidders crossed the $500 line. Not just one, but two, so these guys really wanted it...

12. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

I enjoy mine allot but it doesn't have an obi, still sounds good to me though :D

but yeah I understand wanting to collect the obis, just not paying over $300 for one.

13. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

I hear ya...

Glad to know yours sounds good even without the obi... :D

14. fumi

fumi Forum Resident

Well, it was worth it to someone. I think a lot of folks on here forget that there are a lot of very, very rich collectors out there for whom money is no object. They want something - they buy it.

How do you put a price on something? The market dictates that.

15. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

and your point is?

16. fumi

fumi Forum Resident

17. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

I agree it's logical to do it that way; only one person can benefit from being told about this...one. Many more can be upset, ergo, if you have a particular person in mind, let 'em know via email. If you don't and you still post it.... then you'll end up making one new friend, and maybe pissiing off multiple potential new ones.

A gambler doesn't need to tell ya them's bad odds....:D

It won't make a bit of difference if it's posted here, nope....:sigh:

18. fumi

fumi Forum Resident

My point is that I'm tired of people saying things like "that's not worth $(insert value)". It may not be worth it to you - but it was for someone else.

19. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

how can you prove that the 2 (yes only two) bidders that bid 500 (the next highest bid was 200) saw this forum? Furthermore how can you prove they weren't already watching it anyhow? :sigh:

20. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

ok you are tired of it, so?

21. Curiosity

Curiosity Just A Boy

I'm sure you and I do. :thumbsup: What I do is put a few of listings that I'm not going to bid into my 'watching' file on Ebay and see how they go.

22. fumi

fumi Forum Resident

And while we are on that subject, I noticed you've changed your tune. No so long ago, you came down hard on me when I made the same blunder in one of your threads.

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showpost.php?p=2868249&postcount=21

I guess it's ok when it's someone else, right?

23. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

kind of OT isn't it? And this is the place to post stuff like that, going into someones classifieds wtb thread and posting links like this is not right. If you think it is I feel sorry for you. (a gort told you pretty much the same thing)

24. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

Come on Guys, let's cool it here. Let's all take a deep breath a go play a nice relaxing CD... ;)

25. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

lol if fumi wants to publicly start something up again that happened literally months ago that is fine with me. Why fumi keeps trying to talk to me and reply to my posts is beyond me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.