Grammy awards: Radiohead get snubbed

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tyler, Dec 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aceman400

aceman400 Power to the Metal

Maybe they just realized Coldplay is waaaaaaaay better.
    Tongue firmly in cheek.

Aaron

2. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

The Grammys do purport to be about artistic merit and not sales, but I agree that it is the other way around.

3. rjp

rjp Senior Member

who likes missy elliot?

my high school students don't.

my peers don't.

the twenty and thirty somethings i know don't.

so, who does?

also, be thankful macy gray and nelly furtado didn't have albums out or they would be nominated too.

renny

4. lbangs

lbangs Senior Member

Heh. And here I was simply shocked to see perhaps the two strongest contenders for best album of the year, OutKast and White Stripes, actually get nominated. That NEVER happens.

Oh, and I like Missy Elliott, quite a bit, and I know many people who do.

As for the other two artists, though, I make no defense... :)

Shalom, y'all!

L. Bangs

5. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

The jazz nominations were interesting to say the least. Pat Metheny's solo guitar album got nominated for....new age????????? Sheesh.

The rock/pop nominations make no sense. The old fart in me hasn't heard of most of them...which may be a good thing. ;) I quit believing the awards had anything to do with artistic merit about 20 years ago (and I should have known better to begin with!). Almost makes you wonder if they slip a few $20 bills into the CD cases. :laugh:

No surprise on Steely Dan's lack of nomination. I quit listening to the new one back in September. But beyond my ambivalence, it just didn't have the same "buzz" surrounding it (a lot of it having to do with a 20 year absence). Although, I'm slightly surprised it didn't even get an engineering nomination.

Who wants to bet Jimmy Sturr wins his annual award for best polka album? :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.