Grateful Dead Dave's Picks #13

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry Horne, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025) Thread Starter

2. Jerry Horne

Release date: February 1st, 2015

Limited to 16,500 copies

"...Dave's Picks Vol. 13 is the complete show from February 24, 1974 at Winterland in San Francisco. This show has widely, and for a very, very long time been considered one of the very finest Dead shows from the majestic 1973-1974 era. Featuring a pre-cursor to the Wall Of Sound, which would be debuted a month later at the Cow Palace, this Winterland show has long been requested for release. Our apologies for the delay, but we're sure you're going to love the results."

3. tonymasiello

tonymasiello Forum Resident

I had a really hissy cassette version of this in the eighties that ran from WRS to the NFA reprise (I think it also had Must Have Been The Roses). I listened to it a lot for a while, then sometime around 2000 got the low gen digital circulating source of the complete show and thought the rest of the show (mostly the first set) was a bit disappointing. Be interesting to give a fresh listen to the official release...

4. Jerry Horne

I've never heard this one so I'm excited. It's an interesting set list for sure. Quite like the cover actually!

5. Scopitone

Scopitone Caught the last train for the coast

My brother and I went in together on a sub, so we'll be listening to a Dave's for the first time. Looking forward to it!

wavethatflag and therockman like this.
  6. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

Wow, sounds like a lot of fun.

footlooseman likes this.
  7. jhw59

jhw59 Forum Resident

Bring it on!

footlooseman likes this.
  8. I've got a subscription for the first time this year (my way of celebrating the band's 50th anniversary), this is a great way to start. Nice cover as well. Can't wait to hear this one.

9. Tom H

Tom H Forum Resident

My first year with a subscription. I have listened to this show on the Archive, and I am looking forward to the discs. Off to a great start!

Miller92473 likes this.
  10. Jerry Horne

I really like the 50th Anniversary logo on the back. Looks like we're in for some musical treats this year.

11. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

Send it to me right now, please.

footlooseman, mgb70 and *Zod* like this.
  12. Lil' Brian

Lil' Brian Forum Resident

we are ready :)

13. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 14 and this year's bonus disc will be from The Academy of Music in March 1972.

14. IndyTodd

IndyTodd Senior Member

Looking forward to this one showing up in the mailbox soon! I always enjoy the Bill Graham introductions of the band. I always thought it would be fun if they threw in a bonus sometime of all his intros over the years combined into one long track.

15. footlooseman

footlooseman Forum Resident

i am more excited bout this one and the next one than going to chicago

16. zongo

zongo Forum Resident

This is a good performance for sure.

17. mgb70

mgb70 Senior Member

18. Zafu

Zafu Cosmic Muffin

and mastered by Jeffrey Norman, same man who mixed "The Other One" box set with remarkable results. Yes !!

3 Disc set
    Limited to 16,500 individually numbered copies
    Mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman
    Digipak made of 100% recycled and PCW materials
    Release Date: February 1, 2015

"The moments making up this masterpiece are made even more clear by the crispness of Kidd Candelario's recording. Epic, indeed!"

19. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

I'm trying to order from a cell phone and it's impossible. I'm sure when I get home to my computer, it's gonna be sold out. Well, **** off, then (sorry, I'm pissed).

20. Zafu

Zafu Cosmic Muffin

21. jay.dee

jay.dee Forum Resident

They must have some issue with the online store, because I cannot proceed beyond the shipping address screen. I have sent them the info on the problem, so let us wait and see what is going on.

footlooseman and ivan_wemple like this.
  22. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

23. xTraPlaylists

xTraPlaylists I bring order to chaos.

Have any subscribers gotten any emails yet about their subscription order? I paid for my subscription but hade to cancel the credit card after mine got compromised. I'm pretty sure they charged me for the subscription at the time I ordered it, but I'm pretty scared considering dead.net's track record on stuff like this.

24. Zafu

Zafu Cosmic Muffin

Just general update emails; not specific to my order shipping communications. I'm pretty certain they charge the card at time of order, so the fact you cancelled after shouldn't matter so long as your charge went through at the time.

25. ivan_wemple

ivan_wemple Senior Member

Seems to be working now ... order early, order often.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.