Grateful Dead Dave's Picks 2018 Subscription

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tededfred, Oct 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thank god.

Six Bachelors and footlooseman like this.
  2. trd

trd Forum Resident

Fingers crossed for a Norman mastered “Citizens of Boise, submit or perish - you are a conquered people!”

Taylor16, talkingleaf, BNell and 6 others like this.
  3. bzfgt

bzfgt The Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Is that 1983?

4. RockRoom

RockRoom I Love My Dog

If DL is moving into the 80's I hope he taps early 81. The MSG's from March or something from May.

5. rufus t firefly

rufus t firefly Forum Resident

I have been hoping for a release of 3/9/81 0r 3/10 /81. First shows for me.

6. RockRoom

RockRoom I Love My Dog

Lucky! Such great performances.

7. bzfgt

Yeah man, I second the MSGs that would be killer. On the other hand something I'm not hip to is in some ways a more exciting thought.

8. trd

trd Forum Resident

Yep, 9/2/83 in, obviously, Boise Idaho. Only time they played there I believe

It’s a fun show

9. bzfgt

Cool, I haven't heard that in eons and I'm pleased to have gotten it right...

trd likes this.
  10. B-Mike

B-Mike Forum Resident

Speaking of 3/10/81, what is that awful crashing sound a little bit into Half Step?

US Blues likes this.
  11. RockRoom

RockRoom I Love My Dog

I always thought it sounded like an amp fell over!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  12. US Blues

US Blues Undermining Consensus Reality

IWT. The entire stage left PA emitted a horrible noise (source unknown) and all the amps went into protection mode. As the amps kicked back on-line the stack came back on-line section by section. For one sickening moment your faithful reporter thought they had blown up the PA for the night, but good technology prevailed.

During Fire On The Mountain in set II Jerry impersonates this event with some grungy feedback, a tip-of-the-hat to the nearly disastrous event.

trd, Claxton, footlooseman and 10 others like this.
  13. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

Everything I've heard from that tour has been darn good, but yes, that would be a fun release from a mostly ignored era.

14. blackdog68

blackdog68 Forum Resident

That Rocky/Sierra mountain/ski resort 83 tour would make a cool box set. I loved that tour. September 83.

15. blackdog68

blackdog68 Forum Resident

...or August 87. Same model...just got back from Boulder. All is well in dead and co. Land. Flippin rock shows!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  16. Kate_C.

Kate_C. abyssus abyssum invocat

In as much as we're talking about prospective releases that would - at best - be anomalies, I'd love to endorse second-half '91. There is a late season poetry and luminosity in a few of these performances that put me to mind of the encephalitically imprisoned souls that surfaced briefly from catatonia during Malcolm Sayers' experiments with L-Dopa in '69. But a modicum of prioritization, please: with a lovely representative of the MSG residency already released in 30T, I should like to see the transcendence of 6/17 grace a trifold digipack's cover before any other June offerings.

That said, given light traffic during the peak Summer vacation season, greater remote server access for superfluities has become viable; so, this weekend, I formulated a few queries for a firm-based program that essentially combines multiple regression analyses with (something like) a financial market prediction model in an effort to ascertain the identity of #27.

My attempts to produce a comprehensive assay contemplating the pattern of previous Da picks, sell-out time, polling data, other past releases (Di, RT, Vault), and the astrological disposition of the House of Venus, all in conjunction with assorted myths, monsters, and fairy dust, quickly descended into undisciplined chaos that yielded a mathematical casserole akin to emptying the kitchen shelves in a mixing bowl.

Nonetheless, HAL was adamant about the pending release of a '69 performance (no kidding, with a back-up confirmation run), which jibes nicely with my opening medical allusion. Or, with some tweaking (i.e., expanded field of independent variables), '68. Attempts to factor in tours/seasons proved too onerous. I do have a life, you know, though after reading this one might not be faulted for thinking otherwise. Good luck to our resident a la carte warriors on dead.net tomorrow!/K

P.S.: Just realized that the 2001 reference correlates with the '68 release of Kubrick's film...and the tea leaves, chicken bones, planets, Mark Pinkus' chi and Dave's cerebellum slowly grind into celestial alignment...

PhoffiFozz, Ezzie, KCWhistle and 11 others like this.
  17. US Blues

Quite so. With Mars currently in retrogradation, and two more eclipses forthcoming, your prognostication carries great merit.

jay.dee and footlooseman like this.
  18. Ah, so it IS a 1980's show?!

US Blues and ianuaditis like this.
  19. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

10.00am PT should be 1900 hours in the old world.

[​IMG]

Quincy and dtuck90 like this.
  20. David Beckwith

David Beckwith Forum Resident

Jealous! I was saying to a friend the other day that I think those two shows would make for a killer mini-box a la RFK 89. It would be great if they release one of those every year alongside the Dave’s Picks and regular Box Sets.

21. US Blues

From the Department of Ugly Rumors:

2 September 1983- Boise. Premier performance of Wang Dang Doodle.

Taylor16, adamos, Crispy Rob and 7 others like this.
  22. David Beckwith

David Beckwith Forum Resident

I'd be down with that. I remember liking what I've heard of that September 83 tour.

SBegonias17 likes this.
  23. scribbs

scribbs Resident Mockery

If v27 is from the '80s I will not resub. That's throwing money away.

24. DrLunchbox

DrLunchbox Forum Deadhead #1604

I like that plan. An annual two-show 'box' would be a nice addition to the release cycle without getting too big and expensive. I can't think of anything else right now that I'd want that would be bigger than about 18 discs/$200 price point.

25. Further

Further Forum Resident

I hear ya there but you can always sell it! It's never too hard to find someone looking that isn't a subscriber.

Matthew Tate likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.