Grateful Dead Dave's Picks 2018 Subscription

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tededfred, Oct 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ducksdeluxe

ducksdeluxe A voice in the wilderness.

As he should be.

Definitely the first two, as he has said the early ones don't sell as quickly. Not getting my hopes up on the third one.

GuidedByJonO))) likes this.
  2. JasW

JasW Forum non conveniens

I'm a lifelong NY Rangers fan so I have no interest in going, but this Saturday the Florida Panthers down here are having what must be their 5th or 6th "Grateful Dead Night" in the past couple of years. They had a tribute band play at one of them. This time they're just giving away a t-shirt. What is it with sports teams suddenly having all of these Dead promotional nights?

rufus t firefly and Ray29 like this.
  3. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

I've told you once, it's a mainstream band now.

ianuaditis, SBegonias17 and US Blues like this.
  4. AlienRendel

AlienRendel Senior Member

Just another sign that the people who used to beat you up in school are now running the world.

5. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Shouldn't really matter. Dave's Picks would sell out any way. More 60s please!

6. JasW

JasW Forum non conveniens

Actually, it's a sign of impending senility since I thought I was posting in the main Grateful thread. I am, however, listening to Download Series 4, i.e., the night following DaP 28, so I do have that going for me.

7. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

My feelings exactly. They went with "eh, good enough" quality standards that time around.

PhoffiFozz, footlooseman and US Blues like this.
  8. US Blues

US Blues Undermining Consensus Reality

It’s already in the can, let’s run with it!

ianuaditis and footlooseman like this.
  9. John C Bradley Jr

John C Bradley Jr Forum Resident

That's interesting. Our Single A minor league baseball team had a "Grateful Dead Night" the last week of this summer's season. Gave away shirts, played a lot of Grateful Dead between innings, and had a fireworks display at the end to Dead music. Pretty sure this was the first time they had done this type of promotion. It certainly worked though. There were tons of people of all ages wearing shirts, etc. Crowd was probably the biggest one of any of the late summer games we went to.

10. libertycaps

libertycaps Forum Resident

Cuz the GoGD is "cool" and "hip" again?!?

11. jazz_case

jazz_case Forum Resident

The "Grateful Dead Nights" that you find across MLB, NHL, and minor league parks are usually tied in with the Rex Foundation and the t-shirts/mementos help raise monies for that charitable arm.

12. footlooseman

footlooseman Forum Resident

Just recognizing the greatest american rock band ever. Just goes to show that if stay around long enough you might become respectable or acceptable. Imagine if old jer would still would be with us!

rufus t firefly and ianuaditis like this.
  13. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

But still, it's pretty mind blowing that the Grateful Dead are so main stream now

ianuaditis and US Blues like this.
  14. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

Weirdo Grateful Dead obsessives like us will never be mainstream, luckily.

[​IMG]

trd, RockRoom and footlooseman like this.
  15. footlooseman

footlooseman Forum Resident

Think its related to the green stuff

Doggiedogma likes this.
  16. Oh what the hell. I’ll admit to being huge RS fan until he turned into Tony Bennett 15/20 years ago. But especially The Faces and his first few Mercury albums . . . Say, how about we all enjoy this little ditty! :yikes:

KeninDC, Woodville, KCWhistle and 3 others like this.
  17. SBegonias17

SBegonias17 Forum Resident

And this is the right answer to the question. Because it brings out the people.

18. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

The Jeff Beck Group, Faces, and first few Mercury albums are great, no doubt. I'm a fan of those as well. From around the time of that little ditty on, not so much.

19. DrLunchbox

DrLunchbox Forum Deadhead #1604

The Denver Outlaws (lacrosse) did one a few years ago when I was a season ticket holder. It was more of a Dead patina on the proceedings. I wasn’t really impressed, but my standard is probably higher than people who don’t post here!

The Avs did one this year.

US Blues and trd like this.
  20. Ray29

Ray29 Forum Resident

I’m also a lifelong Rangers fan. My last ever Dead show was at MSG in October 94 a few months after Rangers finally won the Stanley Cup. Going up the escalators that night the crowd was chanting Let’s Go Rangers!

Feel like a Ranger

21. rufus t firefly

rufus t firefly Forum Resident

LETS GO RANGERS!!!

Ray29 likes this.
  22. Should have mentioned Jeff Beck Group, of course that goes without saying. And really I was ok with all of Rod’s Warner Bros. output through the 1980’s. I loved that 1970’s/1980’s band (LP’s and hits) with Carmine Appice and Phil Chen etc. unbelievably solid, and Rod could still sing. After that period, he totally lost me. But talk about the epitomy of the consummate rock star who could sing and had unbelievable string of hit records as well as control the stage/audience with so many great bands, including his own, for decades. Wow.

Crispy Rob likes this.
  23. US Blues

Hey, no politics. :shh:

24. HardTimesRoughLines

HardTimesRoughLines She learned me life is sweet and God is good

Nah, they are just pining for the fjords... :D

Best regards,

HTRL

US Blues and footlooseman like this.
  25. US Blues