Grateful Dead Dave's Picks 2018 Subscription

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tededfred, Oct 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff

Just ordered by phone. No muss, no fuss. Charming guy who took my order (from India, it sounds like) told me he really likes the cover of DaP24 and it might be his favorite. Hopefully that's not from a script.

2. clgoss77

clgoss77 Forum Resident

This is my third year subscribing and I can't wait to see what Dave has in store for us. I'm loving the series - both for the show selections as well as the awesome HDCD sound quality.

3. Jman92

Jman92 Forum Resident

Ordered! This is my first year doing the subscription. Really looking forward to it. Managed to snag Dave's 24 a la carte after missing out on the amazing 1/22/78 Dave's 23. Never again will I miss out on some pristine sounding GOGD!

Matthew Tate and budwhite like this.
  4. CBM

CBM Forum Resident

No problems getting through this morning after troubles last night. Second year in a row subscribing. This is a no-brainer.

Crispy Rob likes this.
  5. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident

I was away from my computer most of the day yesterday, so I missed the initial announcement. After seeing some tweets about it late last night, pulled the trigger and very pleased to be subscribing for my third straight year.

Crispy Rob and Dahabenzapple like this.
  6. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

I have been subscribed from Dave Picks 1. Also this time. 14 US$ less than last year incl. s/h. - a nice surprise.

RockRoom likes this.
  7. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 V/VIII/MCMLXXVII

I called customer service and they told me my order number but when I go to check the status its not there under my account.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  8. RockRoom

RockRoom I Love My Dog

I have also been a subscriber since day 1. The price is right! The only releases not in my collection are the (2) Spring 90 boxes. I do have them in FLAC but not the physical copies. Some days I regret it. ;/

9. US Blues

US Blues Undermining Consensus Reality

So, now that 6 Nov 1977 is being released in it's full glory, will TPTB go back and fix 5 Nov 1977? Part of that Dick's Picks was released using the cassette SBD, because the reel was not in the Vault. I'll wager it is now. :agree:

footlooseman, Crispy Rob and RockRoom like this.
  10. Cassius

Cassius On The Beach

Don't forget the Motor City (11/1)

budwhite, SBegonias17 and Crispy Rob like this.
  11. Jackstraw78

Jackstraw78 Forum Resident

That's a really interesting question. Would they ever release something a second time with a better quality source? Happens all the time with studio recordings in a way with remaster/remixes.

12. US Blues

I'd be happy to mail my old discs back for master reel replacements.

trumpet sounds and budwhite like this.
  13. tlake6659

tlake6659 Senior Member

Which reel was missing?

14. SBegonias17

SBegonias17 Forum Resident

The last one. Dick's Picks 34 carries a caveat about most of the tracks on Disc 3 and there is a noticeable drop in quality on those. I'm glad they released it anyway, since it was a small price to pay for that quality of a show. I'm fairly certain that it is a returned Betty. I've seen 11/5/77 on the list of known bettys.

15. US Blues

I wondering if the last reels for 22 June 1973 and 27 October 1973 got returned? :angel:

16. *Zod*

*Zod* Forum Resident

really hoping to see Eureka 68 (50th anniversary coming up in January) and 9/11/73 next year

GerryO, ducksdeluxe, US Blues and 2 others like this.
  17. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident

I'd been wondering if that might be a bonus disc with one of the upcoming album reissues (50th anniversary and all), since it's a short one (that is, unless recent sources have added to what's been out there).

SBegonias17 and *Zod* like this.
  18. *Zod*

*Zod* Forum Resident

all this talk about missing reels being returned, I really hope 10/15/76 is in there.....that's truly one of the huge ones.

Mansley, SBegonias17 and US Blues like this.
  19. Further

Further Forum Resident

So, after having 8/25/72 in my cart when it first went on sale and then forgetting to checkout (!!!), I finally subscribed for the first time after heeding the excellent advice of "you can always sell a show that you don't want". Here's hoping for a great year of shows that I love.

20. Edgard Varese

Edgard Varese Royale with Cheese

Subscription successfully ordered for the fifth consecutive year. :)

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. SBegonias17

SBegonias17 Forum Resident

Yes to 9/11/73. I think that’s a strong contender for release, perhaps as DaP 26 with some of 9/12 as bonus. It would be a Betty show, correct?

*Zod* and budwhite like this.
  22. scoutbb

scoutbb Senior Member

I made my transfer this morning, and when I went to deadnet to purchase, my shopping cart was empty!! I thought, "Here we go"! But I was able to make purchase and had no problems. Happy camper!!

GuidedByJonO))) and ianuaditis like this.
  23. US Blues

That would make for a stellar release, real magic in set 2.

trumpet sounds and SBegonias17 like this.
  24. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

I've never heard that one, but it looks great on paper, and it seems like there's a decent chance the missing reel may have come back home to roost. I hope so, at least.

SBegonias17 likes this.
  25. *Zod*

*Zod* Forum Resident

good call.....bonus on the 2018 anniversary edition of Anthem with original mix included

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.